I make homemade protein bars- photos and recipe inside!

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    These are yummy! I've made two batches so far.

I like the texture, how simple it is to make and it stores well in the fridge. The only adjustments I made were doubling the peanut butter (I need the calories), I used a bit more almond milk and I used regular table sugar.

With the first batch I drizzled melted dark chocolate on top and in the second batch I added butterscotch chips.

Those look so good! Do you think Pea Protein would work?

EDIT: I just realized this is super old and the OP hasn't answered anyone else. I think I'll just have to experiment!

I used pea protein powder and it mixes in great.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    For anyone who has made these: is the almond milk sweetened or unsweetened? Anybody tried with whey protein powder?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've got all of the ingredients, and I'll be making these today. I can't bring myself to use/buy vegan protein powder :confounded::sick: So I'll be using optimum nutrition casein that I have at home, I still can't figure why whey wouldn't work... unless OP is a staunch vegan, hence the recommendation??

I'll report back and let you all know how they turned out.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    They turned out well. I baked mine for 30 minutes on 180C (350F), because i don't like the sticky texture of 'raw" protein bars. So, used the whey with no problems at all :+1: