Condiment Junkie

Options
I have always been a condiment wh**e. I need it on everything.. Since trying to get healthy and get right, I've had to get rid of a lot of choices.. What are your go tos for that extra kick of taste?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Sriracha or GTFO
  • fromprincess2beast
    fromprincess2beast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I have been putting hot sauce on everything! What is Sriracha? *ducks*
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

It's an Asian style hot sauce. Check that out and Scotch Bonnet sauce if you can find it.
  • fromprincess2beast
    fromprincess2beast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sure will. Thank you!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Sriracha.jpg
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to be a mayo girl, but now I use spicy brown mustard. Only like 5 calories per teaspoon. When I do use mayo I love the Dukes Light Mayo w/ Olive Oil. It's like half the calories and fat of regular.
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really hate spicy and mustard (all of the flavors). I am Puerto Rican and I used Adobo on almost everything. But, it's high in sodium. What other alternatives are there? I heard Mrs. Dash is really good and low to no sodium.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I really hate spicy and mustard (all of the flavors). I am Puerto Rican and I used Adobo on almost everything. But, it's high in sodium. What other alternatives are there? I heard Mrs. Dash is really good and low to no sodium.

I use the Sazon packets without the added salt.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and different types of vinegar. I add vinegar to sooo much.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar, Stubb's Anytime Sauces (love the green chili and sweet black pepper). Not a condiment but I really love Chipotle pepper - I add that to so many things.
  • lasvegasconcertgirl
    lasvegasconcertgirl Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There's a spice company called Penzey's and in addition to all the normal spices and herbs, they have all different kinds of amazing flavor combos to shake all over your food. Many don't even have salt and they're still amazing.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

Adobo has a low sodium version out there. It has a light blue top.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The bbq sause is amazing and it's only 10 cals per TWO tablespoons and the ketchup is 5 or 10 cals per single tablespoon ( I dont' really use the ketchup a lot I more bought that for my kids' eggs lol)

4l6jm6agkt1z.png

You're welcome
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have always been a condiment wh**e. I need it on everything.. Since trying to get healthy and get right, I've had to get rid of a lot of choices.. What are your go tos for that extra kick of taste?

Did I write this? lol

I have the same problem, I drown everything in some kind of condiment and it's been one of the hardest habits to break. I've also started using mustard a lot more, but of course, that doesn't work for everything. It's not the best option, but sometimes I'll use a no/low fat dressing instead. With certain things I know I'm going to want a particular condiment and that a substitute isn't going to cut it and then I just try to find a way to make it fit.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love Frank's Red Hot. It's like Tabasco without the vinegar-y kick.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I also use the Frank's Slammin Sriracha, it's pretty decent, goes on a little thicker and you don't need much
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot, I go through a bottle a week
    Mustards - all of them
    Pickles and relishes, anything tasty and low calorie, slather it on
    Worcestershire Sauce;
    Tabasco steak sauce - omg
    Sriracha
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options