That Person!!! at the office! (What do they do to drive you insane?)

Options
ezekielsdad
ezekielsdad Posts: 10 Member
Ive been with this company for over 2 years and I dont know if he's been doing this since the beginning but now I'm sure he's doing it to drive me nuts!! But hes what you would call a "Loud Slurper" I literally put in ear plugs when I see him with coffee.

Hey at least he showers!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There's a noisy eater at my work - it's fine in the general staff room (at school, lots of teachers) when everyone is talking and eating lunch.... But if you get her in the office eating when it's not a normal eating time the noise she makes is so off-putting!
  • ezekielsdad
    Options
    OMG! Sometimes I wonder what I do to drive other people crazy? I try to be as respectful as possible but I know I gotta do something...
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Loud eater sits across from me. He puts his face close to his food and breathes heavily as he eats. Makes me cringe when he does this. I have to get up and leave.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I watch someone constantly, all day, run around looking for the paper/message/keys/coffee, etc. they've put down someplace & can't remember where . . . DRIVES ME NUTS!!!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    She steals my back-of-the-lot, shady parking spot if she gets to work 30 seconds before I do. She just started doing this a few weeks ago. I've worked here and parked in that exact spot for 7 months straight and now all of a sudden, she wants it. Oh and the loud coughing guy across the office that is super over-dramatic about his coughs. Oh and this guy that laughed like "har har har" extremely loudly - but he just left for a new job! YAY!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    OMG! Sometimes I wonder what I do to drive other people crazy? I try to be as respectful as possible but I know I gotta do something...

In my area at work, there is one man to about 4 or 5 women who are there regularly, and more women sporadically around. He often gets up and leaves the office because he can't handle all the girls talking in such a small space!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I work in a lab:
    - not clean up after themselves
    - randomly decide to reorganize everything so the next person has no idea where to find anything they need
    - not label reagents - lets see.....how many clear liquids do we have in here......how am I supposed to know what this is!?
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Mine is the one guy who won't eat at the normal lunch time with everyone else. Nope, he has to eat after we all get back to our desks. So we get to listen to him slurp and crunch his food at his desk.................. :s
    Plus, some days my ear buds are a godsend.....especially when he has to talk loudly about his accomplishments to someone on the phone. .....
  • ezekielsdad
    Options
    It doesn't make me happy that other people are "suffering" but It does put me at ease that I'm not alone!

So.... the loud slurping is just the tip of the iceberg.
    • He also has forced me to change my parking space.
    • He is the office "As a matter of fact" guy
    • He always 10-30 min late.... everyday
    • I hate to say this when he wears headphones his breathing becomes a nuisance! LOL
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    someone sprays body spray or deodorant at her desk after her lunchtime walk.
    kudos for the walking
    kudos for not wanting to smell in the office

but...
    there are changing rooms on the way from entrance to office!! go in there and spray away! don't make me choke on some flowery cruddy smell that burns the nose!

sigh- only just moved desks as well so I am going to have to say something if it continues EVERY day because it really does not help breathing!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    repetitive joke guy -
    for some reason, one of our co-workers gets the hiccups around 1:00pm on many days. It's been this way since I became a member of the team 5 years ago. Almost without fail, repetitive joke guy will make a joke about her drinking.

If I am walking with him to go to lunch or something and someone passes the other way carrying food, repetitive joke guy will make a joke about the food being for him.

He starts work at 7:30, and I start at 8:30. If I have to come in early for whatever reason, he makes a joke about me being there that early.

it's like the guy has 8-10 jokes he's been telling for 20 years.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Girl, early 20's flirts like mad with me in front of people, so much so that rumours have started despite me telling her it ain't gonna happen.

Guy late 20's won't [del]flirt[/del] have any banter with me in front of colleagues.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I wonder this too.

I have one co-worker who is condescending to everyone. I don't think she means to be, but she offends people every day.

She also has a habit of "correcting" you when you give your opinion about something...it is super annoying.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I work with a nurse who apparently thinks everyone is deaf and stupid. She talks loud and soooo slow like we can't follow normal conversation speed. She also cleans out the refrigerator every shift and has thrown away our lunches then posts signs on it about how " your mama don't work here". She's a know it all too even though she just graduated from nursing school this year. She's a peach to work with.
  • plaidshirtgirl
    plaidshirtgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh god there is this guy in my aisle who actually makes coffee at his desk with a black decker like coffee device. One can actually hear the water dripping like ten times a day and some of us had to complain to HR and they told him to cut it out politely
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My boss............his cigarette and coffee breath :s
  • WMB59
    WMB59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I Know I am "that" person in the office. I find something that bothers somebody and do it continuously. (i.e pen clicking, making odd noises, humming weird songs... and I can go on.)
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Everyone drives me crazy to some extent. However, this mornings rage is directed at the mofo who not only is too lazy to put paper in the printer but also didn't"want" to change the effing ink cartridges. I hope he gets a rash.