Ankle injury

Options
I've been on a major fitness routine the last few weeks, upped my walking to about 12 miles a day. But today at work I went over my ankle and have badly sprained the ligaments.
I'm absolutely gutted as I was really enjoying my walks and now I'm gonna be stuck inside :(

Replies

• adzkyle
    adzkyle Posts: 4
    Options
    Anybody got any tips on how to keep motivated and possibly workout while injured? I have weights so could do them while say down. Just need to he careful
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Try swimming?
    I hurt my knee and can't run for a while--and I was just getting started with running. I am biking now, but I can't see you biking with an ankle injury.
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I sprained my ankle badly on a hike about a month ago. I mostly stayed off it for 2 weeks with exercises in the pool and range of motion. After that I was able to do a couple of easy hikes and I've used an elastic type figure 8 wrap to stabilize it. I've found that by icing, elevating and doing what needed to be done it has healed more quickly than I thought. In the meantime I started with the ellipitical and treadmill at the gym. Yesterday I finally went on a more strenuous hike will continue with the elastic stabilizer. Good luck to you. It is the pits being slowed down when you're enjoying the exercise. I have had to do whatever I could for quick healing as I have a 12 day hike in Europe beginning in 3 weeks and I couldn't risk re-injury.