13»

Replies

• kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    kenzienal wrote: »
    kenzienal wrote: »
    Jeez louise.

I was 15 and having to cut my acre of grass for free. There was plenty of "I didnt know i had to cut that area" and running over large rocks to snap the belt, so monetary satisfaction was never in the books for me.

But 5$ seems reasonable. Im 24, and I am starting to feel old. 15$ reward for cutting grass seems mighty expensive at once a week. 80$ a month allowance? The kids I have better keep dreaming. For 80$, you better have scrubbed every inch of dust out of the house, fixed a broken fence AND spent a year taking out the trash without being asked. Shoot.

I'm cheap too. Sure, if the grass looks as good as the lawncare company did it, give that guy a 20$ bill for his effort. If it looks like a nascar track through a forest, 5$ buddy.

All this coming from a person with no children, and who was an only child. so don't mind me.

I need you to come mow my lawn. I got beer and your 5 bucks

I hope you have plenty of spare belts around, im pretty good at finding a rock within 5 miles to destroy one. The beer though.... calling to my soul, now.

Its a push mower for extra calorie burn to drink more beer and stay under goal....so rock away

You are very persuasive, my friend.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    There's no way I'd be paying an 11 yr old the same as the lawn company. He has no overhead. No equipment to buy and maintain, no truck or trailer, no advertising costs, no other employees to consider, no insurance and no taxes (other than sales tax).

I'd probably settle on $5 as reasonable. But, I'd also probably add it to the regular chores so he doesn't get the idea that you consider mowing optional. It doesn't really sit right with me to make it seem like it is, only to say 'gotcha' if he decides the money's not worth it. If you're not OK with him skipping out on mowing, I think it's best to make that clear.