Help (noodles)

Options
If i eat noodles i do not lose i measure them out and always fit them into my calories but it seems i just can not eat them while on my weight loss journey. I eat whole wheat by the way.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing it isn't because of the noodles. Its because you are eating maintenance calories. Agree with @crazyravr. Weigh noodles dry and log them. If it fits your daily goal then eat them. Otherwise find an alternative (Zoodles, spaghetti squash, etc.)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    if you're normally eating a very low carb diet and add in noodles then you may retain a little extra water from them, but that's not fat. if you're weighing them and they fit in your calorie goal which is accurately tracked they don't make you gain fat.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    As long as your calories are really coming in under your limit, there isn't any single food that will stop you from losing weight. It's most likely you're underestimating your calories consumed or over-estimating how much you're burning throughout the day. If they have a lot of sodium it might be water weight that makes it seem like you aren't losing, but don't worry about that.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Right, if they fit into your calorie goal, it's not the noodles which are keeping you from losing weight. But if you are a noodle person, I found an alternative which allows me to eat a ton for just minimal calories. They are shiritaki noodles, but a specific brand. It's called "Better Than Pasta". They aren't translucent and they don't have that weird taste. I can have a whole bag for about 45 calories. If i'm super hungry, I'll have 2 bags (which is a huge plate) for under 90 calories. Then obviously whatever you put on top of it.
    I'm not saying this will help you lose weight, I'm just saying if you like noodles that much, you can have a ton of these for very minimal calories and they taste amazing.