Mental health support

My name is Kay and I am a paranoid schizophrenic and epileptic. I just got diagnosed.

Atm im experiencing being paranoid that my highs will never come back and leave me with lows. Im so scared because my depression is awful. It makes me think of bad ways to keep the high feeling

Replies

• jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I have just been diagnosed as bipolar with panic disorder as well. I can understand how hard it can be accepting this thing you have to live with for the rest of your life. It scares the hell out of me. But we can work through this and still succeed. I believe in you. Add me if you want support from someone who can try and relate to what you're going through. Stay strong xxx
  • grrrgirl
    grrrgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Thank you. Just added you ☺
  • Amywasraisedbywolves
    Amywasraisedbywolves Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi! I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety and Panic, Borderline Personality Disorder, and a bunch of other random mental stuff. I was in the hospital for about a year and a half, and since being out, I have gained weight. It is making me feel like *kitten*. Even more depressed and out of control and ugly and worthless. Today is my first day on here, and I am going to do this! My first goal is to lose 45 pounds; that would put me back in my size 8 clothing. Right now, I am wearing a 14. Ughhh. This is so hard! Struggled with eating and body image my whole life, I am so sick of it! Feeling frustrated. Hugs to you guys!!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Hi there. First, know that you are not alone. There are lots of people on here who deal with mental health issues. I am one of them. I have bipolar II and generalized anxiety disorder. I just finished a four week partial hospitalization program through my local hospital, which marks the 6th time I've been hospitalized or in intensive treatment.

It doesn't help that most of the medications used to treat bipolar and schizophrenia cause weight gain. I gained a bunch of weight because of these meds. Thankfully, by using MFP and running I was able to drop all that weight and then some (a total of 93 pounds so far).

My meds have recently changed and now I'm fearful that the weight will come back on... but I'm in a better place with my diet and exercise so I don't think it will be a major problem like before.

I am always here for others who deal with mental illness. Please add me if you want. That goes for anyone else as well.
  • grrrgirl
    grrrgirl Posts: 38 Member
    I am also having trouble with food. Hugs to you guys.

I am going thro periods of binging and anorexia. I really hate the way I look and have no confidence whatnso ever.. my lows dont help at all either. I also gained 10 pounds from being in the hospital for 3 weeks. Nothing compared to how much time yous spent but for me it was like a prison sentence. I used to use mfp and put in my foods but now I just don't because I dont want anyone to see how bad I am.
  • Laura040
    Laura040 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello,

I am diagnosed with anxiety, depression, an ED, and now celiacs disease.

I am now working on fully coming to terms with these diagnoses instead of trying to deny and hide them from myself. In that I hope I can also learn to love myself, so that I can beginning to love others, and but my ED to rest.

Feel free to add me :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    I miss my _good_ bipolar highs, but not enough to live through the lows or bad manias. Do everything you can to stay balanced and healthy! *hugs*

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I don't have a mental illness, though I'm sure I could be diagnosed, lol. I'm a psychologist. I'm happy to talk if anyone needs it. I'm not a clinical psychologist, but a great listener.
  • BipolarFitness
    BipolarFitness Posts: 4 Member
    My mental health is in quite a disarray. I have Bipolar II, Anorexia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ADHD, and have struggled with suicidal and self harm. I have been hospitalized 5 times. Been in therapy for 7 years. I got lots of advice and tips and tricks. Coping skills and positive mantras, as well as truth telling. My message board is always open. Contact me to chat! <3 Stay strong everyone!