How to replace fat with muscle

Over the last 6 months I have lossed 40 lbs and am at my goal weight of 205 lbs. I exercise 5-6 times per week and feel good. However, I noticed that I don't have good muscle tone and flappy. Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to replace the remaining fat with muscle

Replies

• mblair50
    mblair50 Posts: 13 Member
    Not sure how you've lost the 40 lbs, if you already use weights or not but I gained muscle and toned up over time by lifting weights. I use DVDs and use weights three times a week. There a a lot of weight dvds out there plus free videos. I don't know if this helps but it seems to be working for me. I just had to go buy heavier weights to challenge my muscles. The best of luck on your toning.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    You cannot replace fat with muscle. If you had lifted during weight loss, you would have retained more muscle. We lose fat AND muscle in a deficit, but lifting helps.

Eat maintenance calories if you're happy with your weight and have a healthy body fat%. Lift weights. Use a structured program. You can find them in a sticky in the bodybuilding section.