Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth, drink a glass of water, take a walk and get back on track
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You didn't wreck it, you just took a short break for the holiday. Start right back up again where you left off. No big deal. B)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    hrush1889 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem, ever since Easter I've been having candy and desserts and not logging well, I cant stop!
    No such thing as "can't". There is "will not" and "refuse" as the answer here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Log honestly and consistently. You don't have th do it all at once.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    After 4 years of maintenance you are going to have times where you eat over your goal happen. They. Are. Inevitable.

But they don't go on forever do they? You enjoy times of celebration with others and then that ends and it's back to normal.

At the end of Christmas time here, where it was quite possible my blood was more Toblerone than anything it took a couple of weeks to get back to the job at hand. Even after all this time I got a tad panicky but I breathed through the water weight et al, read some wise words from @WinoGelato then I got my mind and *kitten* back in gear.

Easter, now Easter this year introduced me to Lindt balls. Divine. So I rinsed and repeated Christmas.

I am glad it's over as I found wanted the simplicity of before and I got to the point where I felt sick of feeling sick and stuffed from the indulgences. Hmm, I haven't thought of that but i don't think I could manage long term eating in abandon like I used too.

I can't unlearn calories so I KNOW what I am doing even if I slack off on the logging. You are probably feeling a bit guilty and torn but you are going to have to find your 'happy place'. Not too restrictive and neither a 'free-for-all'. This stuff weight loss and health things take your commitment and time.

All the best.

• dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Is there a friend or someone you can talk about your fitness goals with? Someone who is behind you and will be supportive, I mean. Sometimes to can help just to talk about why you want to do something, with someone who knows you and can affirm your goals and respond.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    OP, stop and take a deep breath, then remind yourself what your original goal was and why you started on this journey back in January. Remember the vision you had of a slimmer, healthier, fitter you. Then get back on track to get there, slowly if necessary. Easter was only a just over a week ago. For various reasons, I haven't been to the gym since then either, but it's fine. I'm not beating myself up or thinking I've failed (although I'm kicking myself, because I'm paying to be a member).

I use the app on my phone to check my calories average over the last week. I also know what the TDEE is for my current weight - and if my average is lower than that, even if I've had a big evening out (or two), I know I'm still likely to be losing a bit of weight even if it's not as much as I'd like. Knowing what your TDEE is will help as you may not be overeating, you may be eating 'normally' (ie at maintenance) or you may only be very slightly over your TDEE. Either way, you're not failing, you're just stalled.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Eat, log, next day
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed my Easter was up 7lbs the next morning (body not used to the carbs I suppose) and the scale was back down by Saturday. One day does not dictate the rest of the days that follow.