Picky eater needs to lose 60 lbs

Options
Hi. My name is Susan. I'm new to the site. I'm tired of being uncomfortable with my weight and my doctor keeps test my blood sugar level as I'm getting close to a pre-diabetic stage. I'm a very picky eater which makes following most diet plans very difficult for me. I also don't cook my own dinners adding a little twist I have made an excuse not to eat healthy. My doctor wants me eating less than 100 carbs a day. I have a slightly high cholesterol level. No carbs, no fat, less red meat. What am I supposed to eat?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You're probably going to have to learn to cook. You can be a picky eater and lose weight, that's just a matter of counting calories. Unfortunately not cooking your own food often results in higher calorie and higher carb meals.

http://www.self.com/gallery/11-insanely-easy-high-protein-recipes-for-beginner-cooks

Learning to cook is easier than being diabetic.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Congradulations on taking steps to improve your health. Might want to ask your dr to give you a referral to see a dietician. Medical professional vs total strangers advice.

Not sure what your definition of a picky eater Is. Has limiting your food options and not cooking for yourself working for you? May be time to try new things.

Wishing you the best,
    Jenn