My motivational "Note to Self"

Options
I just thought I'd share.
I wrote this last year, when I was just (re)-beginning my weight loss "journey". I wrote it partially in frustration with myself and my choices - and I wrote it in a rush.
I thought it might benefit a few people here. It helps me to read it to myself when I start to drift or feel defeated OR when I start to drift because things are actually going well (self-sabotage..). Maybe this will help someone feeling low? I think it's important to remind yourself why you are doing this, and visualise a future where feeling happy about yourself and your body is possible.
I dunno. Hopefully.
Enjoy.

"Hey (my name), it's me, inner (my name).
Right now something is bothering you or testing you; someone has offered you something delectable, or you are in a shop craving something you *think you need*, you are with friends who are not eating the same way you choose to. Maybe you are feeling good right now, you feel light, and confident (nothing wrong with that!) and you seek to enjoy the feeling by eating something you feel you deserve.
Well guess what?
You do deserve something!
But it's not sweet, it's not salty, it's not even edible - you deserve to sit in the quiet, and take the time to feel good alone without the false comfort of food and unnecessary calories.
You have come so far, and you are worth so much more than the small item of food that is trying to derail you from what you want and need - for your health, your self-esteem, and your long term fitness goals.
I am here to tell you to -
STAY THE COURSE! Be proud of yourself today for saying NO to the pressure of food and its false comfort, and YES to your healthy future full of positivity and the body and joy you deserve to experience by knowing that you overcame the hold food has had over your life.
Stop hiding (my name). You can have it, you have known it before and you will know it again if you just say NO.
You can do this. I know you've got this.
Love yourself.
-
"

Replies

• jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I noticed that about every 3 to 4 days I eat way over my calorie limit. I was feeling a little yuck about it this morning and this really helped me. Perhaps it will help the next time in about three or four days. I love how you put in there that food is false comfort. That is so true. I already knew this but just didn't have the words for it. Now I do.