Painkillers, wisdom tooth extraction and all that fun stuff

Options
So last Friday I had my wisdom tooth out, it's resulted in dry socket which is not fun. I'm on a cocktail of painkillers and it's seriously messing with my stomach, not only nausea but also constipation and bloating. I also had antibiotics so I feel like my body has been through a lot.

Can anyone recommend some foods to help with the bloating and constipation whilst also nourishing my poor chemically abused body?

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I are baked beans and bananas after I had my wisdom teeth out, if you're drinking enough water it may help with the constipation
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup and toast. Lots of water. Sorry you are going through this. You'll be past it soon.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Jello, pudding, soft boiled eggs and oatmeal.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I hope you have told your dentist/surgeon about all this.

I had the same problem, had wisdom teeth removed in my teens, but I didn't get dry socket. Ouch!

Scrambled eggs
    Mineral oil (constipation)
    Firm yogurt (some probiotics)

Get well and relax the best you can!

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    I hope you have told your dentist/surgeon about all this.

I had the same problem, had wisdom teeth removed in my teens, but I didn't get dry socket. Ouch!

Scrambled eggs
    Mineral oil (constipation)
    Firm yogurt (some probiotics)

Get well and relax the best you can!

Yeah I went today which is how I found out I had dry socket. He put clove oil in my gum and it was bliss.

Thanks, I'll try the mineral oil!
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I assume you're taking codiene. If so, I'd go to the chemist and ask for a stool softener. Other than that, keep well hydrated.
  • xxkaylamae93
    xxkaylamae93 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ate refried beans and Indian food while I recovered. I was miserable, but that was what I could think of. Avocados or oatmeal would be good too. The stool softener is probably your best bet to combat the constipation if it's from pain killers. The doctors always say high fiber will take care of it, but it really doesn't. Stay hydrated too!

No dry socket for me, but I had three surgical extractions that I had to wait way too long for while I saved up money, and one of them was just terrible (nerve damage). You'll pull through it in a few weeks!