Hiking - Partners?

Options
232good
232good Posts: 92 Member
Okay so I love the outdoors! I would love to find a hiking partner to go with me and my son (hes 9 months and would be in a backpack) But I just don't want to go alone with him in case something happened! Where should I begin looking to find potential other hikers that don't mind going with me and a kid?! I love it! Im kind of amateur but want to continue to grow. Anybody with or have had a similar situation? :))

Thanks!

Replies

• 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :/
  • catbubbles
    catbubbles Posts: 28
    Options
    Where do you usually go?

Do you have a workout buddy? They are always good for things like that.

You could also find someone at the gym that would like to go.

There may be a place online to find people like that. May not be the safest way though.
  • catbubbles
    catbubbles Posts: 28
    Options
    Put a post on here with the location. This way people near you that use MFP can find you better.
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Okay so I love the outdoors! I would love to find a hiking partner to go with me and my son (hes 9 months and would be in a backpack) But I just don't want to go alone with him in case something happened! Where should I begin looking to find potential other hikers that don't mind going with me and a kid?! I love it! Im kind of amateur but want to continue to grow. Anybody with or have had a similar situation? :))

Thanks!

Awe I love hiking too and never have anyone to go with. My huband works a lot of sat and evening. I have a 20 month old and wish we lived closer because I would totally go with you.
    Be safe looking for someone to go with though...people are sickos.
    Do you have any friends that would go that have kids?
    Good luck!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I Googled "Oregon Hiking Club" and got a bunch of hits. You're lucky you don't live in a lazy part of the country.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Local Sierra Club
  • ButtermilkPanda
    ButtermilkPanda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to but I live up here in the Seattle area :(
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you visit the Sierras in California, I'll go hiking with you. I'm close enough to Yosemite for day hikes.
  • xbeth77x
    xbeth77x Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would love to go, but I am on the wrong coast :( I'm actually in a similar situation since I just moved. And I'm really tempted to just go it alone! But I understand your concerns are different with a kid. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful haha!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Google Portland Hiking Groups. Or try Meetup?

I personally gave up on finding people to hike with and got a dog. lol.