Should women eat after a workout?

Options
jla2425
jla2425 Posts: 67 Member
Im getting mixed advice. Some say no eating for 90 minutes to 3 hours after a workout for maximum fat burn. Others say right after is best. Any advice ? Also i workout in the afternoon or evening. Ive always eaten something before regardless. I sometimes do cardio in the evening also so i can eat a bed time snack if im done my calories...

Replies

• jla2425
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've never had a problem being successful with my weight loss, maintenance, or fitness progress eating whenever I feel like it, especially right after a workout. If you don't want to eat right away, it's OK to wait. If you're hungry, eat. Do what works for you. Keep it simple. Sometimes the advice you get from people is just bullcr@p. Oftentimes, the more complicated people try to make something, the more bullcr@ppy their advice is. ;)

Totally agree that people do over complicate things. Im always feeling i need to eat after or i feel weak and eating before doesnt affect me what so over im not sluggish or sick. I do have a high appetite. Thanks all !
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i hope they 'should'. because i sure do. heck, sometimes i break off halfway through to scarf something in the parking lot and then i go back.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Maximum fat burn happens when you are asleep.

Timing of meals don't really matter. It's about being in a calorie deficit to lose body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Just out of curiosity...what if someone is getting very poor sleep.. ? Would it happen just resting as well?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    I always eat after my workouts. Sometimes just about immediately ... sometime a bit later. Rarely more than an hour later unless for some reason I don't have food accessible within that hour.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 4 to 5 hours before and then right after
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    its fine
  • jla2425
    Options
    http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2016/01/22/eat-before-exercise.aspx
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I don't understand how this is a gender thing. If someone could explain how digestion/consumption work post-exercise differently between men and women, that would be awesome thanks. I'm just trying to figure out where this "information" could have possibly found any roots.

OP, eat if you're hungry and it doesn't make you ill. Meal timing is rarely relevant for the average person. IIRC, in the case of elite athletes, that could be different.

This was the ppst i read
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    After exercise your body needs energy. So yes, eat after workout. Moderate carb, low fat and moderate protein meal.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Cardio doesn't burn fat. Anyone telling you that needs a smack in the head. It all boils down to calories