Any workouts for my body type?

Options
As you can see from the picture below, I carry most of my weight on the lower half of my body. I would love to have a more toned butt, slimmer thighs and a flatter abdomen. Does anybody know of a workout that will do this without shrinking my upper body too much? Feel free to add me as a friend, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you! Xny8ovqpg8u0q.jpg

Replies

• jessicahillierx
    jessicahillierx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Kayla Itsines BBG? I'm pretty sure if you google the first PDF you can find it for free. It's comprises of 3 workouts a week targeting either abs, legs or all over. Each week the intensity builds. I did the first 9 weeks a couple of years ago but it is tough but it definitely shrunk me down and tightened certain areas.
  • Ells_n_x
    Ells_n_x Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing I'll give it to search, thank you x
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'd start a progressive lifting programme.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do u lift weights? If so are u doing squats if not then u should be doing them high reps 15 to 20 reps n 3 to 5 sets knee ups n lower back work like dead lifts same as leg workout
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no. If you want to shed excess weight/fat, you can't control where you lose it from. Based on your post, I'm assuming you lose from your lower half last, which is not at all uncommon.

Workouts have very little to do with what you're talking about.

Lose some weight/fat to thin out your lower half, or get on a good lifting program to build your upper half.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot reduce your lower half. I have/have had the same body type as you. Genetics, baby. My sister and I gain first in our hips. To reduce the size of my hips I had to drop weight, which meant losing some chest. You can't decide where to lose weight.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately no. If you want to shed excess weight/fat, you can't control where you lose it from. Based on your post, I'm assuming you lose from your lower half last, which is not at all uncommon.

Workouts have very little to do with what you're talking about.

Lose some weight/fat to thin out your lower half, or get on a good lifting program to build your upper half.

this! you cannot spot reduce.