Increasing Appetite

Options
Yesterday I do a lot of cycling 80 minutes in the morning and 60 minutes in the afternoon im only logging the 60% calories of that exercises and im really shocked about my appetite that I could eat out my family in one sitting and I'd eat out 500 more than my daily calorie budget including the 60% calorie exercise. I'm 18 year old young adult probably still growing because males can grow until 21. Is it normal on that plenty cardio day or should I increase the percent of calories I log out on my exercises.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It is pretty common for people to be more hungry when they increase their exercise routine.

How are you measuring your calories burned while cycling. The best way to determine if 60% is good for you or not is to just keep it up for a couple weeks, and see how it is effecting your goals. Not sure if you are trying to lose weight, maintain, or gain, but if your results are not matching what you would predict this would be a good area to look at.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what is your daily calorie goal? if you are cycling that much, you may need to re-evaluate your goals
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you eating? I've found that higher protein diet keeps me more satiated. I'm a relatively small 37 y/o woman, and I generally eat 150+ grams a day (5 days of heavy lifting).

My husband grew an inch between 20-21 (6'2-6'3). So, you're right; it coud be growth related.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    what is your daily calorie goal? if you are cycling that much, you may need to re-evaluate your goals
    I place my calorie goal at Sedentary which gives me 2110 calorie goal and log all my exercises. I don't know how would I call myself on daily activity basis because i'm a person who doesn't sit a lot i'm walking/biking going to market and walking also going to coffee shop I play it safe going at sedentary lol

• ferd_ttp5
    Options
    How much protein are you eating? I've found that higher protein diet keeps me more satiated. I'm a relatively small 37 y/o woman, and I generally eat 150+ grams a day (5 days of heavy lifting).

My husband grew an inch between 20-21 (6'2-6'3). So, you're right; it coud be growth related.
    I do eat protein but not that much and I couldn't figure out how much protein I eat daily because I use quick add I'd already memorize how much calories my food eaten frequently.
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    It is pretty common for people to be more hungry when they increase their exercise routine.

How are you measuring your calories burned while cycling. The best way to determine if 60% is good for you or not is to just keep it up for a couple weeks, and see how it is effecting your goals. Not sure if you are trying to lose weight, maintain, or gain, but if your results are not matching what you would predict this would be a good area to look at.
    Example I cycling up to 60 minutes and MFP give me 600 example and I get the 60% from via online percentage calc. And the 60% of the 60 minutes is what I am logging up