Starting again...need some accountability.

Options
Justamom410
Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
I've been on MFP before and lost weight...but gave it up when I've plateaued. I'm now the heaviest I've ever been at 265lbs, just turned 40 and NEED to make this lifestyle change permanent! I have an 8 year old daughter...and I want to see her get married and have kids. I'm afraid at the rate I'm going that I won't be there for her. I've just recently seen my doctor...all my bloodwork came back fine. On paper, besides my weight, I'm "healthy"...but I don't FEEL that way. My knees and ankles hurt from carrying my weight around.

Today is Day 2 of no pop (I drank Diet Coke ALL the time) and I'm feeling it. My head aches and I feel tired...I know a soda would rid me of those feelings...but I CAN'T give in. I REFUSE TO ALLOW SUGAR AND UNHEALTHY FOODS TO RULE MY LIFE ANYMORE!

Just needed to get that out.

Replies

• MonicaF44
    MonicaF44 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you lady! I started MFP 3 years ago. Lost 30+ pounds for my wedding... I have now gained it all back :s We are talking about starting a family and I want a healthy pregnancy with a healthy happy baby. Starting over again is rough. I will add you and try to cheer you on and cheer you up! We can do this :smile:
  • Justamom410
    Options
    @MonicaF44 When I was pregnant...I gained 12lbs my whole pregnancy. I was already overweight then...and my OB wanted me to only gain 15-20lbs...I was able to be super restrictive with myself (no caffeine, no chips etc) then. Now that my daughter is 8...I need to make better choices so she will make better choices!

We can do it!!!
  • s1ssysdk
    s1ssysdk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you! My weight has gone up and down more than the elevator at the Empire State Building. I am also 40 and all I keep hearing is how it is harder to lose weight once you turn 40. I am so tired of being overweight and feeling like I am missing out on life!! I've got three kids 19, 15 and 11 and I worry every day I won't make it to their graduations or weddings or any other special moment of their adult lives. They are also starting to have issues with weight... something I have to own... because they have learned for me. I want us to be a healthy, happy, active family!
    I have found when I am really dying for a soda (I have type 2 diabetes so soda is a NO GO) that getting some sparkling water helps. The bubbles fool my brain!

I know that we can do this!
  • lrapsis
    lrapsis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and on my 2nd day of logging food. I have more than 100 pounds to lose. I am starting with seeing if I can stay at 1,800 calories a day. I was told I need knee surgery but I'm not doing it. Tonight I am going swimming in a local pool (swimming is all I can do because of my knees - I used to be a gym rat and had a regular yoga practice.) I am on permanent disability. I also used to be in a band now I feel like I am too heavy to even leave the house sometimes. I am tired of describing my life as "used to."
  • Copequeen
    Copequeen Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am starting over once again at 250 pounds back in 2013 i lost almost 80 pounds and then after a couple years on varying meds including steroids I got hit with the weight gain. the past year I have slowly gotten some of the weight off but so much further to go. lost about 30 pounds and a bunch of inches. I still have 30 to get back to where I was and then another 40 to get where I need to be. I am going to be vigilant from now on since I was just put back on the steroids. limited mobility makes swimming my only source of exercise and I hit it hard and keep to my calories, about 1300. going to do everything I can to go down not up.... looking for some new friends in the same situation. just ask and I will add you
  • marysnoop1029
    marysnoop1029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 46 now and at the heaviest I have been. I would like to loose 25 pounds. I know it won't take me long if I just stick to it. Now that it's nice outside, I won't be stuck inside wanting to cook. :) I know it also helps me to write out my menu for the week or at least just 3 days at a time and then write it down when I eat something. I thought this would be easier to keep with me, to type out what I eat instead. do any of you do that?
  • Justamom410
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm happy to add all of you as friends! I try to walk everyday...taking my dogs out with me...but the knees and ankles oi vey! I didn't walk yesterday at all...but the day before we did 1.75 miles in about 40 minutes. It felt good...until I sat down and the adrenaline wore off!
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sending request. :-)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    One day at a time all! I'm not in the same boat but I have my struggles and health reasons for sure!
    Write down WHY you want this. Then dig into Why that is "I want to lose 25 pounds " WHY? "to feel better" WHY do you want to feel better? "To go shopping and not be tired" Why do you want to do that? And get Deep on why you want it more than a pant size..... Then on the bad days/weeks (Because we ALL Have them!) you can re-read it and pick yourself up, and contact a friend and know that you WILL do this!!!!!

DO it for YOU, your health, feeling good while we get to spin around on this earth!
    I'm open to friend request if you'd like.

Glad you're reaching out! :):)
  • al_schwing
    al_schwing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also starting on mfp. i am 36, have 2 kids and need to lose about 45 lbs. Ive tried weight watchers before this but with their new plan, I havent had much success. I figured Id give this a try and could use some accountability and fellow ladies that are in the same boat as well!! :)
  • Sadiegirl1768
    Sadiegirl1768 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have about 100lbs to lose so i will be here for the long haul. I have lost 23lbs but gained 6 back but have already started losing it. I'm on very day and diary is open to all my friends.

Feel free to add me, I will try to all anyone who wants to be my friend.
  • christinewshaker8724
    Options
    I am a 44 yr old working mom. I have 3 boys 17,13&9 yr old. I am from Cairo, Egypt. I'd love to lose 25 kg (roughly 50+ lb). I want to lose weight so I can be more active and keep up with the hectic lifestyle around here; juggling a full time job, commuting for 3 hours a day, studying for two dyslexic boys, sports training, as well as serving a healthy meal at least 5 days a week. I feel exhausted all of the time. I think the extra weight is making it worse. I'll log in at least once a week to hold myself accountable to my friends, so please accept my friend requests.

One more thing. For all the busy people out there how do you manage to squeeze in exercise with a hectic schedule ? I sleep an average of six hours on weekdays and seven in weekends, so I'd appreciate it if you don't suggest waking up half an hour earlier than 5:30 am ;):D
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Maybe the reason you didn't stick to it last time because "refusing to eat sugar and unhealthy foods" in your life is an all or nothing approach and you require more than all or nothing time to lose the weight you have to lose. Food for thought.
  • Coleenalain
    Coleenalain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Good luck to everyone on their journey. Weight has been a problem for me all my life. Lose it, gain it and lose it again and so on it goes. Here I am again needing to lose a 60-70 lbs. I'm taking it a day at a time. Hope to get inspiration from all of you.
    Mary from Ireland
  • Justamom410
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Maybe the reason you didn't stick to it last time because "refusing to eat sugar and unhealthy foods" in your life is an all or nothing approach and you require more than all or nothing time to lose the weight you have to lose. Food for thought.

I never said I refused to eat sugar or unhealthy foods...I said I refuse to let them rule my life. Meaning I need to make better choices...and not eat only junk food. I think you may have misinterpreted. :)
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For all the busy people out there how do you manage to squeeze in exercise with a hectic schedule ? I sleep an average of six hours on weekdays and seven in weekends, so I'd appreciate it if you don't suggest waking up half an hour earlier than 5:30 am ;):D

My boss required a 1 hour lunch. Most of that was wasted time. So I asked to take 2 hour lunches every day. I workout 1hr 45 minutes and then have a 15 minute lunch.

My work days are 7:00 to 5:00 instead of 7:00 to 4:00. But by the time I'm back home, I don't have to worry about the exercise, it's all in my schedule.