Eating back exercise calories

kmborgy
kmborgy Posts: 11 Member
What are your thoughts on eating back your exercise calories? I have heard some eat back half or none of them…

Right now I am more towards eating back one quarter. I need to fuel my extra workouts but still have 20 pounds to lose.

Thanks!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I eat them all. If you're confident that your calorie burn estimates are accurate and your logging of calories in is accurate, you'll still lose weight eating back your exercise calories (assuming that MFP's goal already has you at a deficit). The reason some people eat less is because they are less confident of their calorie burn estimates or they want to make room for potentially inaccurate food logging.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I eat almost all of mine back because I'm confident that my numbers are tweaked correctly. If you're using MFP as designed, they're meant to be eaten, with the caveat that some forms of measuring activity output will overestimate calories burned.

This might be a useful post to check out: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I eat back around 75% of them just in case the burn estimate is wrong.