Ghosts of the past... bullies and whatnot

2»

Replies

• LORAXPLORA
    LORAXPLORA Posts: 5 Member
    Amazingly vulnerable and glad you posted this. I have one trick that seems to stick ss I get to this place too often (less and less these days since this trick:
    Stand up for that awesome person you are. See those voices as just what they are- old jealous broken people who envy you. See yourself being protected and secure and safe and strong and envision yourself bigger and stronger than them. Keep practicing this and each time that voice comes up you get to practice that vision and it ultimately becomes reality.

Change your perception to the better more loving and reliable outcome.

I'm with you!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    I was badly bullied throughout high school. It affected my confidence by time. Sometimes those ghosts still creep up on me, but I try to push through it, push them back and say 'no, that isn't me'. To all the kids that called me fat in high school I feel like I'm proving them wrong now by losing weight and getting healthier, but some days I worry about something that happened years ago.

I'm attending therapy now in order to help myself a bit with dealing with it. The girl there had nice words and said 'you're beautiful because you're you, no one else can be you'.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    The guy who bullied me in high school died of a heart attack at the ripe old age of 39, alone, on the side of a highway in South Florida. To this day I have no idea what I did what caused him to target me, but I would be lying if I said I didn't smile when I heard the news of his death.