Skinny Fat SOS

So I've lost way more weight than expected from clean eating but now I am skinny fat. Recommendations for types of work outs that are very toning. I don't have much more fat to loose (maybe 5 pounds if that) I'm more concerned about looking toned not what the scale says.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Strength training with progressive overload will help if you are not happy with your appearance. If you are not overly concerned about the last 5 lbs, I would switch to maintenance with progressive overload strength training and try a body recomp.

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Strength training with progressive overload will help if you are not happy with your appearance. If you are not overly concerned about the last 5 lbs, I would switch to maintenance with progressive overload strength training and try a body recomp.

This. But if you want to do it, do it right. Don't be afraid of heavy weights, or eating protein. You won't bulk up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    If you have only 5 lbs of fat to lose, you are not skinny fat.

Regardless, go to the "most helpful threads" thread at the top of the gaining weight forum. There is a link to a thread that is filled with links to various lifting programs. Pick a beginner program and get to work.
  • enfieldbabacustoms
    enfieldbabacustoms Posts: 3 Member
    High Protein Low carbs with strength training and HIIT shall do your work
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

Regardless, go to the "most helpful threads" thread at the top of the gaining weight forum. There is a link to a thread that is filled with links to various lifting programs. Pick a beginner program and get to work.

What do you define as skinny fat? I think she just means that she doesn't have any muscle definition
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Based on your profile pic, you are not skinny fat. What is your height and weight?
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    jemhh wrote: »