"This time is different"

Options
Aarjono
Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
How many times have we all said that?

Well, for me this time *does* feel different. I really feel like this might be the time for me to be successful long term. I've been logging my food religiously for about a month-- my longest streak so far!! I also switched to vegetarian about the same time for health reasons. (I actually started logging then to make sure I was getting the right nutrients.) Since then, I've done all the different calculations for TDEE, etc, and I eat back most of my exercise calories. I don't seem to have a problem staying within my calories, and I don't feel hungry or deprived this time around. My feeling of health has improved in the last 4 weeks-- for the first time in years, I actually don't feel sick. I downloaded Happy Scale, so my weight fluctuations stop freaking me out so much and I can see the overall trend. And I just keep repeating "weight loss isn't linear".

I know it is early days yet, but I just feel like something may have finally "clicked".

1 pound at a time. 9 pounds down, only 83 to go.

Replies

• lallybc
    lallybc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe we now have all the pieces of the puzzle - maybe the Stars have aligned for us - maybe it's just our turn B)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • BrutalMeHonest
    BrutalMeHonest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like my story!! I started eating vegetarian on new years and have stuck with it! Didn't use mfp though, so I didn't see any changes. I'm on a 20 day streak now and also my longest!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Good for you :) I also tentatively feel like this is it for me, I finally have a good plan where I don't feel hungry during the day and I am actually looking forward to exercise because it's just not so difficult anymore. Challenging yes but not overwhelming.
  • Aarjono
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Good for you :) I also tentatively feel like this is it for me, I finally have a good plan where I don't feel hungry during the day and I am actually looking forward to exercise because it's just not so difficult anymore. Challenging yes but not overwhelming.

Me too!!

It's actually working. 15# in 69 days, which is right on track. I'm not mindlessly eating. I still don't feel deprived. My feet and knees don't hurt anymore. I can walk 2 miles without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I can bee-bop up the stairs. Even my brain isn't foggy anymore-- I feel more "present". I feel amazing.

I'm so happy.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you :) I said that to myself the second to last time I tried. I was successful at the time, and it did feel different. I lost like 13kg. Then about 3 months in my trainer tried to put me onto this "holistic" diet which I hated and I lost all motivation, stopped training and eating well and gained all of the weight back and then some. I think the key for me is to still be able to enjoy life, and that includes eating a little bit of the bad stuff and not feeling guilty about it. If I'm happy and satisfied then I'm not going to binge and I'm going to be able to stick to what I'm doing.
  • Aarjono
    Options
    I think the key for me is to still be able to enjoy life, and that includes eating a little bit of the bad stuff and not feeling guilty about it. If I'm happy and satisfied then I'm not going to binge and I'm going to be able to stick to what I'm doing.

Exactly!! But there is no "bad stuff". If I want chocolate, or wine or pizza, or ice cream, I figure out a way to make it fit into the big picture.