Diet pills

Options
13»

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    There is actually a pill that you swallow that has a balloon inside it which swells up and partially fills your stomach so you have to eat less. Once you've lost the weight, they stick a tube down your throat and deflate it. Then your body just processes the balloon and you excrete it. It's the new rage as it's cheaper and less permanent than gastric bypass surgery True story.

not fda approved in the US

Not so. Several brands have been approved starting with the Reshape dual balloon in 2015. Obalon balloon and the Obera balloon both FDA approved in 2016.
  • Macy9336
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    There is actually a pill that you swallow that has a balloon inside it which swells up and partially fills your stomach so you have to eat less. Once you've lost the weight, they stick a tube down your throat and deflate it. Then your body just processes the balloon and you excrete it. It's the new rage as it's cheaper and less permanent than gastric bypass surgery True story.

There are also pills you swallow with parasites. Doesn't make it a good idea.

Agreed. I'd never do it myself but apparently there's a market for it.
  • Macy9336
    Options

Of course there is. People are desperate and are scared and the industry preys on them. Telling them that they can never be successful unless x, y, and/or z are done. See results RIGHT NOW!!! There is so much misinformation and BS out there, it just makes me sad.

Absolutely the medical industry preys on people. Most of cosmetic surgery does..get a new nose because yours is too big to be considered beautiful...get bigger boobs...get liposuction...get butt implants...etc. Surgery to saw apart your leg bones, put in bars and screws and then slowly expand them..forcing your body to create longer leg bones so you can be a couple inches taller...all because you're insecure about being short. That's also preying on people. It makes me sad too. The lengths people will go to, and the tortures they will endure to change their bodies when really every body is beautiful so long as you take care of it...you know actively love your self by exercising, eating well, etc.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Of course there is. People are desperate and are scared and the industry preys on them. Telling them that they can never be successful unless x, y, and/or z are done. See results RIGHT NOW!!! There is so much misinformation and BS out there, it just makes me sad.

Absolutely the medical industry preys on people. Most of cosmetic surgery does..get a new nose because yours is too big to be considered beautiful...get bigger boobs...get liposuction...get butt implants...etc. Surgery to saw apart your leg bones, put in bars and screws and then slowly expand them..forcing your body to create longer leg bones so you can be a couple inches taller...all because you're insecure about being short. That's also preying on people. It makes me sad too. The lengths people will go to, and the tortures they will endure to change their bodies when really every body is beautiful so long as you take care of it...you know actively love your self by exercising, eating well, etc.

Perhaps in your experience of plastic surgery, but the plastic surgeons I know do things like reattach fingers, skin graft over burns and major wounds, and yes, some body lifts after major weight loss. If your issue is with the medical profession, that is yours. My comment was about the diet and fitness industry.
  • kanikal1
    kanikal1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cla works gives you tons of energy.....side effects:horrendous acne
    Raspberry keytons:whole foods. Great appetite suppression however headaches/irritability. Once it wears off,you feel famished.
  • foodhasfeelingstoo
    foodhasfeelingstoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've seen people lose a lot of weight, believe me, it's almost always drugs, especially speed/amphetamines. I'm definitely anti-drugs, so that shattered my illusions quite a bit.

Here are some things that contain appetite though: stay away from sugar and sweeteners at all cost!!!!!, cinnamon, caffeine, protein such as chicken (boiled or grilled of course), a small amount of fat such as nuts, vegetable oils (not pain oil), or avocados.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

not fda approved in the US

It is now. Orbera is one,there are a couple others. Side affects are being sick the whole time you're on it ,and possibly having it deflate and cause a bowel obstruction. It acts exactly as surgery does, but with the benefit of being quickly reversible and not requiring actual surgery. I was considering it, but one of my main reasons for losing weight is to cut down on on my massive IBS issues. Giving myself a full six months of non ending IBS seemed counterproductive.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I know it's a big debate but is there any diet pill that actually work

its not a debate at all... if they worked there would be no fat people...

I agree. Everyone would use them because it would be so simple.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    I know it's a big debate but is there any diet pill that actually work
    No diet pill works if you can't control your eating in the first place. You can have the best diet pill and still consume more calories than you need to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Yes, but they're illegal
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Here, have a little dysentery. 5 pounds in 3 days or your money back.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    kanikal1 wrote: »
    Cla works gives you tons of energy.....side effects:horrendous acne
    Raspberry keytons:whole foods. Great appetite suppression however headaches/irritability. Once it wears off,you feel famished.
    Yeah, no. None of the above have shown in clinical studies to have a great impact on weight loss. Don't buy into the hype.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I've seen people lose a lot of weight, believe me, it's almost always drugs, especially speed/amphetamines. I'm definitely anti-drugs, so that shattered my illusions quite a bit.

Here are some things that contain appetite though: stay away from sugar and sweeteners at all cost!!!!!, cinnamon, caffeine, protein such as chicken (boiled or grilled of course), a small amount of fat such as nuts, vegetable oils (not pain oil), or avocados.

why should someone avoid sugar and sweeteners? if sweeteners are low to no calorie what effect does that have on weight loss? and why a small amount of fat?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options