Confused about health

Options
So I'm trying to stick to a keto diet while being vegetarian and my mom recommended me eating at 1400 calories per day (I'm doing the keto diet with her). I've been logging pretty steadily but notice that on most days I fall short of my goal, like hundreds or calories short even though my macros are good. Maybe I'm just not logging well enough? But I also feel like I haven't been as motivated to eat lately either so I'll skip meals a lot and I think that contributes to it. Btw I'm an overweight girl if that makes a difference

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Keto or low carb? I would think a vegetarian couldn't get low enough carb to enter ketosis. How old are you? How tall? How much do you weigh?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Keto suppresses the appetite...many people doing keto do not feel hungry. Being a few hundred low on occasion is not a problem, but most of the time you should make sure you are eating enough. You may not need 1400 though. 1200 may be enough for you. Try plugging you info...age, weight, etc....into a few calorie calculators to get an idea. Keep in mind, these are all just approximations.

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Keto or low carb? I would think a vegetarian couldn't get low enough carb to enter ketosis. How old are you? How tall? How much do you weigh?

Vegetarians can do keto. Most green vegetables are very low in carbs, so they can fit in plenty. And things like eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, nuts & nut butters can all contribute to the fat and protein needs.