Guardian's Support!

Options
MikePXstream
MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
What is a Guardian? Well, depends on how you look at it. Could be a member of the armed forces, a veteran, or a parent charged with taking care of another. I fall into all of that. My name's Mike. I am a veteran, a husband, and a father of three. About 4 years ago I decided to take back control of my health and fitness. It was not easy by any means, and the hardest part for me was consistency and accountability. I knew I needed support if I wanted to reach my goals. And that's exactly what I did.

Now, I want to return the favor. I know how hard it is to work full time, run your kids to soccer practice, track meets, dance recitals, football, and on and on. Not to mention take care of the house and then still try and find time for yourself. Lets face it, you want to take care of your family and loved ones, but in order to do that, you have to take care of yourself first. If you are a like me, a Guardian, and looking for support or wanting to support others, then feel free to join in on this journey. Together, we can reach our goals.

Replies

• tigGrr12
    tigGrr12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seems I've been a caretaker / guardian most my life - not in the service but work in healthcare.
    I'm at a point where I can put more focus on myself so want to make most of the chance and make it more of a habit - look forward to meeting everyone
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    tigGrr12 wrote: »
    Seems I've been a caretaker / guardian most my life - not in the service but work in healthcare.
    I'm at a point where I can put more focus on myself so want to make most of the chance and make it more of a habit - look forward to meeting everyone

Healthcare workers definitely look out for others. I'm glad your able to put more focus on yourself. Thanks for sharing!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Workouts have been going good this week. Chest and triceps workout Monday, 5.44 miles ran on Tuesday, back and biceps yesterday, and today will be another run. I think only 3 miles today as I have a lot of stuff to get done around the house before work. Tomorrow...Leg day. Oy vey! Do you have a workout schedule? Please share.
  • lallybc
    lallybc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a gym buddy and the routine is:
    Monday - back
    Tuesday - light legs
    Wednesday - abs
    Thursday - medium legs
    Friday - bi/tri
    Saturday - heavy legs
    Sunday - shoulders

She is lean/mean so doesn't need the cardio that I do -- I follow her pretty closely and adapt as need to (if needed B) ) I'd say we consistently meet up 5 days a week - it's random what day we miss between our work schedules
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    lallybc wrote: »
    I have a gym buddy and the routine is:
    Monday - back
    Tuesday - light legs
    Wednesday - abs
    Thursday - medium legs
    Friday - bi/tri
    Saturday - heavy legs
    Sunday - shoulders

She is lean/mean so doesn't need the cardio that I do -- I follow her pretty closely and adapt as need to (if needed B) ) I'd say we consistently meet up 5 days a week - it's random what day we miss between our work schedules

That's awesome that you have a gym buddy. Makes it so much easier.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Monday and the first day of May. Summer time is almost here. We only have 4 weeks of school left here for the kids. This year has been flying by.
    I think I am going to switch it up this month and go back to primarily cardio workouts. I have a 10k to be ready for by the end of the month and I have been struggling to get my pace down to where it was. It's good to switch things up. When we do a certain workout or routine for a while, you can plateau and start to see fewer results. Usually because your body has adapted to the strains and struggles you have put it through and now percieves them as normal.

So, what do you have planned for this month?
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue the 5/3/1 workout. While I'm a bit off from the month (starting deload week now) I'm going to try and get another two rotations out of this program before finding another. I'm also adding another running day to the mix (4 miles on Thursday) to help prep for my Spartan Beast in October making my goal 115 miles for the month.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    I'm going to continue the 5/3/1 workout. While I'm a bit off from the month (starting deload week now) I'm going to try and get another two rotations out of this program before finding another. I'm also adding another running day to the mix (4 miles on Thursday) to help prep for my Spartan Beast in October making my goal 115 miles for the month.

Wow, that's awesome. I have yet to do any of the Spartan races. I have done the Rugged Maniac and Mud Brigade. Some day I will. Good Job bro!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Today's workout was a kick in the pants. I haven't done a workout like that in a long time. 7 minutes in a had to take a break and my calves were burning from all the different jumping exercises. It hurt so good. lol
  • lallybc
    Options
    My mantra today was 'Make the Most of May' - so I started with walking a morning errand that ended up being 4.4 miles round trip with the sun ablazing at the end . Today was back day at gym and it felt good . Nutrition I'm still needing major work
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    4 more miles in the books. 27 days until the #bolderboulder Today's run felt really good. Especially since I did a good HIIT workout yesterday which made my legs feel like mush.
    There was a time when I wasn't a big fan of running. Probably because I was forced to, rather than doing it on my own. I'm glad I got back into it though. Because now I do enjoy it. And it helps keeps me in shape!
  • lallybc
    Options
    Way to keep at it Mike - finding something to prep for keeps your focus sharp ✌️
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    otiyeiv87n5p.jpg

Distance Thursday. After rearranging my running schedule, having my long distance run day on Thursday's has made all my runs easier.

However, today was still rough. Despite taking my pre workout, I still felt a little drained. But I know why. My nutrition was weak yesterday. I didn't do any food prep this week, and I ate a lot less than I normally do last night, so my body wasn't fueled for performance.

I know better, and I suffered for it today. So keep that in mind the next time you go to workout. Is your body fueled for performance? Are you going to crush your workout, or just get by?

Tell me a time when your physical activity was sluggish because you didn't eat right... Or enough.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Monday! How was your Mothers Day weekend? Were you able to relax and chill?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I have been struggling the past few weeks and have even lost my reason why. Frustrating for sure. One minute everything seems great, and the next, poof, don't care. I have been too relaxed with my nutrition, hit or mss with my workouts, and I am feeling it. I had a nice 6 days off, which helped. but now trying to get back into the habit of things is proving difficult.