When do weigh yourself?

Options
I don't have a scale at home, I don't want one for a few reasons but I digress. I weigh myself once a week at the gym. Today this happened to be after a workout which included a liter of water and dinner an hour earlier. Could the water and food be why my weight was exactly the same as last week?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Probably. It's not going to be very accurate or consistent when you can't account for most of the variables that influence weight.
  • lindoff1988
    lindoff1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To get a more acurate measurment could you go to the gym in the morning, have a small breakfast before you weigh, that way it would give you a more true reading.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning, but only if i have done both no 1 AND 2. If i haven't done the latter then i skip weighing that day.

I've weighed myself on an empty stomach and then again after drinking a few cups of coffee and tea (no food), and i can easily be up 2lbs just from the drinks. So, if you're weighing yourself after drinking a litre of water and eating dinner, not to mention whatever else you've eaten and drank throughout the day, then i wouldn't expect an accurate weight on the scale.
  • MiniMexxxxx
    MiniMexxxxx Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Absolutely. A litre of water weighs about a kg! I weigh myself first thing every morning. It keeps me focused.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The later in the day you weigh yourself, the more variables (meals, water, sweat, hydration level) there are. I weigh myself in the morning after peeing, before showering, and buck naked.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lumenosis wrote: »
    I don't have a scale at home, I don't want one for a few reasons but I digress. I weigh myself once a week at the gym. Today this happened to be after a workout which included a liter of water and dinner an hour earlier. Could the water and food be why my weight was exactly the same as last week?

I weigh every single morning, after getting up and peeing, naked. Same time, same status. Otherwise it's just not a useful number for me. I've been weighing every morning for over 12 years now. Weighing after the gym, after drinking and eating...who the heck knows what I would weigh. I never bother with that - it's a waste of time and brain-energy. Go buy a scale. :)
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Every sunday morning first thing after going toilet. naked.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Every morning after toilet, naked.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Every morning after toilet, naked.

My weight really doesn't fluctuate except for TOM and the general downward trend.