Cutting 500 a day for upcomming vacations.

Options
I cut 500 cal's perday for upcomming vacations. So i'm planning to cut up for 2 weeks so i can have 7000 cals to eat for vacation.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ok....
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ok....
    Thanks
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your maintenance is but 500 calories can be a lot to cut. Why not cut 250 and eat that for 4 weeks?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    ok....
    Thanks

you're welcome
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    So, you are saying you want to lose two pounds and then gain it back on vacation. Personally, I prefer not to gain weight on vacation.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I would prefer to enjoy my vacation and sort out any weight increase, if it happens, afterwards.

This.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So, you are saying you want to lose two pounds and then gain it back on vacation. Personally, I prefer not to gain weight on vacation.

...On a perfect world :D

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why not just eat at maintenance level on vacation and get in a few workouts ?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

i'm disappointed if i DON'T gain weight on holiday...

If I gain weight on vacation, that means I'm not riding my bicycle or doing something else active. That seems like a very boring kind of vacation to me.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    How many days are you going on vacation for?

Even that 7000 calories can be used up pretty easily if you're going somewhere with lots of food and booze.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It's the "preemptive strike"...I do this.. not 500 a day, but a small deficit for a few weeks that makes me feel better about going over my maintainence calories. Even though I take active vacations (hiking, biking, kayaking), it doesn't make up for the added food/drinks that I consume.

I also have been known to deploy this method in the weeks leading up to holidays and doctor appointments.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If I could only start losing as soon as I actually start a brand new cut.. those two pounds would not show up on the scale for 3-4 weeks for me..

Vacations are a vacation from everything, but its not something for me lose my common sense on eating. Eat and enjoy and come back, let all the water weight gain balance back out after going back to normal diet. There is such a thing as maintenance and staying active on vacation.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Everyone is different. Cutting before or after a vacation or focusing on eating up to TDEE are all valid ways to maintain weight.
    Assuming 500 calories less is a healthy amount for OP, I think OP is smart to cut back some before vacation rather than after. Even with activity, vacation-type foods tend to be calorie bombs such that even smaller portions are not enough to keep off extra pound(s) of fat.
    Of course, have fun; it is vacation after all. Still, there's more to fun than food, and it is not a bad idea to prepare for possible weight gain.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Ahhh nothing like the all inclusive vacation. "must each and drink everything all the time no matter what".

Yup!!!! The best! o:)