I lost 140 pounds. Here are the Before and after Pics!

Options
2»

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Any tips that worked to help you maintain your weight loss for three decades?
    That feat is even more impressive than the original loss.

I'm curious if you tracked calories, had a strict diet, or just monitored the scale for cues to take action.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Theo166 Thanks, I tracked calories for a while, did not have a strict diet but a diet of what I liked, and I get on the scale often. [advertising element removed by MFP Moderators]
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Theo166 The key to success is creating the right behavior and cognitive behavior that creates the result of automatic unconscious habit that produces proper weight maintenance. So the best tip I can give in a short answer would be that success is a result of behavioral therapy such as cognitive behavior therapy, self-hypnosis, covert behavior modification, etc.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've maintained for a very long time. Your arms look so toned, I know you said you have loose skin, but you hide it well. This is very inspiring, thanks for sharing.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    looks much better, good job
  • monaalford34
    monaalford34 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great job! very inspiring
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person!
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments! Even after 30 years, it's very rewarding to get the attaboys.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Theo166 The key to success is creating the right behavior and cognitive behavior that creates the result of automatic unconscious habit that produces proper weight maintenance. So the best tip I can give in a short answer would be that success is a result of behavioral therapy such as cognitive behavior therapy, self-hypnosis, covert behavior modification, etc.

@WilliamAndersonLMHC in another thread today about the guys that lost weight by juicing it clicked that it worked as did my health reboot using Low Carb High Fat. I have maintained for the past two years by just weighing my body only and without going hungry.

It hit me the mental intent to recover from failing health must be the common thread that permits very divergent diets work to reboot health. I pictured myself in my coffin and people coming by it saying the fool killed himself with food. CBT was something I studied like 40 years ago in undergrad school.

I learned in my case overeating of calories was not my over riding cause of my obesity.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    @wsandy8512 After I lost the weight, I had that look that former overweight people have who did not have much muscle. I had only walked 1/2 hour per day during the last half of the weight loss period. I was a bag of flesh and bones. But I knew that my body would respond like everyone else's to resistant weight exercise. So I traded in the 1/2 per day of walking to 3-2 hour sessions at a gym with a body-building routine and 20 minutes on a bike or treadmill. I still do that.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job, impressive maintenance record!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    super. great inspiration.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    Thanks so much for the praise. The first law of behaviorism: A behavior that is rewarded will be repeated. We are certain to create habits when what we do is rewarding, either habits that help or habits the hurt. Best wishes to all to create only good habits!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!