Anyone 5'1 and around 130lbs ? Questains

Options
Hi(: Im 5'1 and im 129lbs I have been eating clean since june but i have had my cheat days of course my protein number is 80 and i usually reach that number each day but im usually under 1200 calories when i do most days im about 900 i also drink my 8 glasses of water and take supplement pills from herbalife and in the beginning of june i was 133lbs but with very little excersice most my weight is in my booty my thighs arent so bad but yeah i gotta big butt and a tiny waist with a little bit of fat but its mostly flat.
I am scarred of running to be honest i want to lose 13lbs then start running so i can feel more comfortable about my body I have been lifting weights and doing some sit ups and doggy drills and i plan on riding my bike for 45 minutes a day!

Im sorry if this is a lot to read and i really appreciate anyone reading and responding to this!!!(:

Replies

• OatmealFreak
    OatmealFreak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you're doing great. I'm 5' 3" and 135 lbs. If you feel bad nervous about running you could try running in the morning, thats what i do! In the mornings there are very few people out and it makes me feel much better about the rest of the day. Good luck!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 @ 130lbs, I run every other day anywhere between 3-5 mi
    Do what you feel comfortable with, if you wanna run just go ahead and do it!
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    i see that you lost 20lbs did you lose it by running? or what did you do or change to lose?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 130 is my goal weight!

I've done lots of running this year - I do a 5k Park Run every Saturday, and did my first half-marathon last month.

What's scaring you about it?
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    im just nervous that if im running people will judge me or say something stupid about me running and im a rather slow runner but i mean its my pace
  • mushpupmush
    Options
    Heres the truth:Nobody is paying attention to you.Really..you are fine!Just get out there and run!When I started I was happy to run 2 miles without stopping,now I'm doing 4-5 miles 3 times a week.Once you start just push yourself and you WILL feel your body getting stronger.It's a really cool feeling.Also,don't have cheat days.Just stick with it and stay healthy.I started at 136 and im 114 now.I'm 5'0.You have to work hard but it feels so good to see results!
  • mushpupmush
    Options
    Oh..and pace wise.Slow and steady my friend.Look online to find proper running form because that makes all the difference.It's easy to pick up on good form.Don't be scared.Get excited!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    i see that you lost 20lbs did you lose it by running? or what did you do or change to lose?

Nothing special really, some running here and there. Heavy lifting and eating within my calories/macros did the trick :)

Since then I have gotten pretty intense with my training. I do workout a lot and am always active but I wasn't before, this is fairly recent!
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    Thanks(: and i will start to get running now ! and woah women you have lose 22lbs by using running as one of your main excersices?
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    im just nervous that if im running people will judge me or say something stupid about me running and im a rather slow runner but i mean its my pace

Forget what people will say or think! They are usually trash talking FROM THE COUCH!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options

No one will judge you, I promise! When I started losing weight a few years back, I was jogging at that weight (and we're the same height). I was scared people were judging me because I was running in an area that had a few seasoned runners. But I went ahead and ran with the C25K program. No one was paying attention to me, and the people who did notice me were polite and smiled as we passed each other by.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    The only way you'll become a faster runner is to start running. Losing weight first won't help.
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    alright thanks now i just gotta get some yoga pants and go running
  • mushpupmush
    Options
    Well..I gave up carbs and sugar at first and lost a little over 10 lbs.Then...I started running 3x a week and doing circuit training 2 times a week and that really put weight loss in motion.
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    wow! how long did it take you too lose all that weight?
  • xXWisconsin
    Options
    Siigghhh now i just need the motivation to get off my butt more
  • NewViolet
    NewViolet Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you're doing great. I'm 5' 3" and 135 lbs. If you feel bad nervous about running you could try running in the morning, thats what i do! In the mornings there are very few people out and it makes me feel much better about the rest of the day. Good luck!

WantBones, what is your goal weight?
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    From teh ticker on her post I'd guess she's aiming for 120 pounds?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    just do a power walk instead of a run, it's just as effective. I am 5.2 ft and i started out at 142 and that is what i did to get into exercise in the beginning.. power walked! i am now 116 and maintaining but still trying to lose a bit of body fat.
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree that no is judging you when you run. When I see people out running or walking in the morning, I want to roll down my window and say keep up the good work. Because I am proud of them, and wish that I did that too. I never say it though, because I don't want to offend someone. Or have someone think she is saying good for you because you are fat, when I am saying good for you because you are doing something good for yourself!