Cried When Watching Cool Runnings

Options
And then the next day I cried twice while watching Homeward Bound. I didn't really think of it much since I loved those movies as a kid. But...I just teared up AGAIN watching a baseball video on Facebook -a 21 year old kid hit his first HR in the majors last night. This is unusual for me.

I am very curious to know if my weightless may be toying with my emotions and hormones. It's the only change in my life. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am 30, have lost 23lbs with about 40 left to go. I just finished my period last week, not pregnant. I know my body well and this is abnormal. I typically tear up watching puppy videos about 10 days before my period starts. Looking at my tracker, I'm like 20 days away right now!

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising too? Exercise and weight loss can cause hormones to go a little wack-a-doodle.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight loss can screw with your hormone levels.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    OMG I didn't even think of this! I totally went through random , totally unusual, emotional episodes. I didn't even THINK that it could be attached to hormonal changes from weight loss!!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising too? Exercise and weight loss can cause hormones to go a little wack-a-doodle.

I am not exercising much to be honest. Just walking 10k a day and I play slo-pitch softball once a week. I'm a former student-athlete so my body is pretty wrecked. Can't exercise like use to.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I definitely get hormonal changes when I lose a significant amount of weight. Physically (I'll spare us the NSFW details) and psychologically (the crying, the ups and downs, etc). The result is for the better, as my hormones are out of whack in general and I take birth control to help it, but the journey there can be a little haywire.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    It could be. OTOH, if you've been eating to self-soothe, once that's taken away, you're forced to feel those feelings.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    It could be. OTOH, if you've been eating to self-soothe, once that's taken away, you're forced to feel those feelings.

Not really, mostly just eating when stressed. I didn't feel the urge to eat when I saw Shadow run to Peter at the end. So that's a positive!

Sorry for the spoiler.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Weight GAIN can too. I'm up in weight (~20 lbs) due to stress and I think that both the weight gain and the stress in my life have increased the .. ah.. 'variability' of my moods.