When will I see results??

Options
Mahdi22
Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
edited April 2017 in Motivation and Support
So, about 3 months ago I started eating healthy and exercising for about a month and lost 5 pounds then stuff happened I got lazy and started eating bad and gaining 10 pounds! I'm 220 pounds rn, and I really want to drop all this weight.

I want to know if I eat healthy and exercise (which I do - 5-6 days of 30 mins intense workouts. Oh and I'm on my second week) when will I notice results? And I mean like physically looking thinner or dropping in pants size or something. I feel totally unmotivated

Replies

• Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Generally, it depends on the person and what you are doing and how often. Are you on a MFP track, how many calories are you eating daily? Are you tracking everything? How many calories are you burning compared to what you are eating?

All of these factors will determine how fast you see results. I've heard that your height also determines how fast you and other people start to notice a difference.

For me, I had to lose 20lbs before I started to notice a change in appearance and clothing. It was about 25-30lbs before other people started to notice.

It takes time though, this isn't going to happen overnight because we didn't gain the weight overnight. Be patient, stay on track, and you'll get there. There are plenty of forums available if you want an extra challenge, and plenty of people are great motivators. Add some friends for motivation if you need someone to help you stay on track. Also, if you are okay with it, open your diary for viewing so your friends can give you advice.

• SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it took about three months before people noticed the change in me. I noticed the change almost within weeks. Not only will you loose weight but this is a change for life and not just a part time fad. You will sleep better, feel better, have more energy and motivation and the exercise can be as much or as little as you want. I walk more and than I ever did, I walk every weekend generally the same route and approx 5.5 miles. Then in the week I walk my children to school and then walk home and jump in my car and go to work. I then go back up the school in the afternoon to collect my children after work and again I walk. I do approx 20 miles walking every week that I record! I also like to jog but as I have had four children I have a weak bladder so my jogging is jogging on the spot. This has strengthened my legs, core, bum and also helped me lose inches all over. Keep going! You can do it!!!!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    So, about 3 months ago I started eating healthy and exercising for about a month and lost 5 pounds then stuff happened I got lazy and started eating bad and gaining 10 pounds! I'm 220 pounds rn, and I really want to drop all this weight.

I want to know if I eat healthy and exercise (which I do - 5-6 days of 30 mins intense workouts. Oh and I'm on my second week) when will I notice results? And I mean like physically looking thinner or dropping in pants size or something. I feel totally unmotivated

You didn't say if you were on a calorie restricted diet, logging your food, weighing your food, etc.? Exercising and eating "healthy" doesn't = losing weight. Hell I can exercise, and eat "healthy" and gain weight if I want. It's all about the calories.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Your results are going to depend wholly on how much you dedicate yourself to this. And I don't mean just exercise (which is great, btw!) You've got to track your food (accurately - weighing and measuring) and eat within your calorie goal to consistently lose weight.

Your current weight and body type will somewhat dictate how long it takes to notice. I didn't really notice anything until the first 10 pounds were gone.
  • Mahdi22
    Options

You didn't say if you were on a calorie restricted diet, logging your food, weighing your food, etc.? Exercising and eating "healthy" doesn't = losing weight. Hell I can exercise, and eat "healthy" and gain weight if I want. It's all about the calories.

I had 1450 calories yesterday which consisted of - breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with onions and salt and pepper
    - lunch - 1 can of tuna with 1 bun and 1potatoe filled fried "pastry"
    - dinner - about 1 cup of spaghetti
    - throughout the day- 12 cups of water, 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds, 2 oranges, 2 small gala apples, and a slice of watermelon

According to this app I can theoretically/mathematically eat upto 1750 calories and still lose 2 pounds a week. But I was very full. So I think that's pretty healthy, if not then I don't know what healthy is lol

I also did a very low intense workout burning less than 100 calories. Usually it's about 400 calories.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    6w41e6d70a0v.jpg

1 week down, 3 more to go! And 1 month will be done
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

I had 1450 calories yesterday which consisted of - breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with onions and salt and pepper
    - lunch - 1 can of tuna with 1 bun and 1potatoe filled fried "pastry"
    - dinner - about 1 cup of spaghetti
    - throughout the day- 12 cups of water, 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds, 2 oranges, 2 small gala apples, and a slice of watermelon

According to this app I can theoretically/mathematically eat upto 1750 calories and still lose 2 pounds a week. But I was very full. So I think that's pretty healthy, if not then I don't know what healthy is lol

I also did a very low intense workout burning less than 100 calories. Usually it's about 400 calories.

I would encourage you to stop using measuring cups and get a food scale (they're really cheap). The food scale will help you accurately weigh your food and thus accurately tell you how many calories you're eating every day. It will be a huge eye opener for you. I started at 221lbs, weighing my food and staying under a calorie deficit has led to me losing 23lbs in 87 days.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You saw results in a month before, so it will prob be similar this time.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You saw results in a month before, so it will prob be similar this time.

That is true. I'm just so impatient lol. I also feel like, can exercise and diet really help me? It sounds stupid but it's because I've tried so many times and failed but I guess I need patience and discipline. Sorry just need a place to vent, I'm gonna eat breakfast soon and after that start my workout. Today is Day 1 Week 2.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I would encourage you to stop using measuring cups and get a food scale (they're really cheap). The food scale will help you accurately weigh your food and thus accurately tell you how many calories you're eating every day. It will be a huge eye opener for you. I started at 221lbs, weighing my food and staying under a calorie deficit has led to me losing 23lbs in 87 days.[/quote]

I know it would but for me it's just impractical, at least for right now. I've bought so many stuff to help me lose the weight like exercise equipment and household appliances and even food that would just spoil because I wouldn't eat it. So for me I know if I buy it, I won't use it no matter what
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    KiwiAlexP wrote: »
    c03fdyg4knak.jpg

This was posted on my DietBet page - I'm finding it very motivating

Cant wait till day 84 lol so random btw
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    It's day 20. 64 more days to go. Not giving up!!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Take a before photo of yourself and then take a new one every month. I didn't think I looked any different after losing 25 lbs until I did that (See my porfile picture) and I was like holy ish! And you may not notice it, but others will!