What do you do to support others in their weight/fitness goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Wife and I are both pretty into fitness and we support each other namely by trading off home and kid duties to give each other time to train. We also both attend each other's events/races and cheer each other on (though unfortunately, I won't be able to join her in Portugal for her half in Oct). We always ask each other, "how was the run/ride" or "how were your lifts tonight?"

My wife and I have the same and we help one another out by splitting the schedule. She gets up at 3:45 am to hit TRX. I make sure the kids get up, ready and deployed at school & daycare. She does the afternoon pickup while I hit the gym after work.

I'm at a big gym, but a small group of multisport people all workout after work and we cheer each other on. I just started lifting heavier and that group is fantastic - loud and motivating.

I just realized that my wife is not on my Fitbit friends list. @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld That's a great idea!

Don't blame me when she beats you ;)

It's one of the few things we can be competitive with. He beats me hands down at running, cycling etc but steps is something I can beat him at.

Oh I'll still blame you, but I know this will end up badly for me. I jockey a desk and she's on her feet in a laboratory setting, but this is a good motivator for me to get out from behind my desk.