Crossfit Games 2013

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
Anyone else watching the Crossfit Games 2013 Masters division (streaming live on http://games.crossfit.com/masters-stream?)?

I am absolutely amazed by the athletic ability of both men and women (some of whom are >25 years older than I am) in this competition.

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Anyone else watching the Crossfit Games 2013 Masters division (streaming live on http://games.crossfit.com/masters-stream?)?

I am absolutely amazed by the athletic ability of both men and women (some of whom are >25 years older than I am) in this competition.

yes! I watched a little of the men 50-54 yesterday and was blown away! Then the ladies 60+. VERY impressed.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i havent yet seen any of it this year (but will now...thanks jof), but was mesmerized by the abilities i saw last year.
    i was exhausted and feeling pukey just watching them.

great stuff!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    oo!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Amazing !
    My son's box has (had actually) a woman Crossfitter who is in her 70s. She relished the knickname "Modification Marylin." Unfortunately, she just quit. She is very religious. She found the gym language a bit too salty for her tastes.
    Such a shame! I think they should have gotten an agreement from the others there to keep their enthusiasm down and their language clean when she was there, and then invited her to stay.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Just peeked at the already-posted women's 60+ Pullgatory. Below are my reactions in order in which they occurred.

1. Brainsplosion.
    2. So thrilled there are women like this in the world.
    3. Sorta pissed off there aren't more women like this in the world.
    4. Excited to become one of them.
    5. Wish I was at the gym instead of at work.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    My gym...(okay, fine, box)...has two competitors at the Games this year, both women in the 45-49 bracket. (And if I understand the format, that they take the top 12 after today, one of them just missed the cut in 13th place.)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    My gym...(okay, fine, box)...has two competitors at the Games this year, both women in the 45-49 bracket. (And if I understand the format, that they take the top 12 after today, one of them just missed the cut in 13th place.)

I was right about the top 12 advancing, but was a little premature on when the cut was applied. Still had a workout to go first...and with that, she moved up from 13th to 9th...and the other one held on for 11th, so both are moving on to the final day of competition.

Ahhh, yeah... :drinker:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No but I'll be checking later to see if I can watch a replay. (Backshift).
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options

I was right about the top 12 advancing, but was a little premature on when the cut was applied. Still had a workout to go first...and with that, she moved up from 13th to 9th...and the other one held on for 11th, so both are moving on to the final day of competition.

I'm watching them compete right now :happy: Who are the ladies you are referring to?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I'm watching them compete right now :happy: Who are the ladies you are referring to?

Karen Wilson and Ingrid Hurley. They finished 7th and 11th, respectively, in the 45-49 division. Very awesome.

(Wish I could watch the rest of the coverage. My internet at work goes through Canada, so espn3 thinks I'm out of the US...but the games.crossfit.com site recognizes me as being in Missouri (like I actually am) so it won't give me the international feed.)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Karen Wilson and Ingrid Hurley. They finished 7th and 11th, respectively, in the 45-49 division. Very awesome.

(Wish I could watch the rest of the coverage. My internet at work goes through Canada, so espn3 thinks I'm out of the US...but the games.crossfit.com site recognizes me as being in Missouri (like I actually am) so it won't give me the international feed.)

That's what I just came here to complain about. I am in Canada so I can't watch. :(
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Crossfit Games workout for teams...called "legless"...should have just called it "Crossfit hates women". This legless rope climbing thing is just brutal.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Congrats, Rich Froning, on his three-peat...

...and congrats to Samantha Briggs on her 2013 Crossfit Games victory.