Egg White Omelet Ideas

Options
Ok so I am thinking about an egg white omelet for dinner. I was thinking something savory but healthy. I don't eat dairy so NO CHEESE! Throw your ideas at me :)

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with the whole egg? As for add ins, sky's the limit! Mushrooms, peppers, onion, spinach, ham, whatever floats your boat.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I use a variety of things including turkey pepperoni, Canadian bacon, chicken sausage, mushrooms, diced green peppers, green onions, etc. In my omelettes. And spices including pepper, cumin, adobo
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my FAVORITE thing in an omelette is pepperoni, and sometimes some onion. The juices all run out and makes the omelette delectable.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I cooked steak in butter on a cast iron last night and then I made my omelette for work breakfast on it.

It was one whole egg, 150g of egg whites and a bit of seasoning and the butter/steak made it SO GOOD.

I also like spinach and mushrooms in mine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat a 2-egg (whole egg, though) omelet most mornings. Common add ins are mushrooms, onions, peppers, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus -- some mix of those, not all at once -- plus usually spinach. I like smoked salmon with or in them (and feta cheese, but I won't recommend that to you!).
  • jbeke1015
    jbeke1015 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I usually put whatever leftover protein I had over the last week...I JUST ate a taco omelet! Taco meat, cheese (just leave that out) Flavor God taco Tuesday seasoning, and topped it with a mix of salsa and light sour cream (just the salsa would be amazing since you don't eat dairy). It was so good it left me wanting more!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    jbeke1015 wrote: »
    I usually put whatever leftover protein I had over the last week...I JUST ate a taco omelet! Taco meat, cheese (just leave that out) Flavor God taco Tuesday seasoning, and topped it with a mix of salsa and light sour cream (just the salsa would be amazing since you don't eat dairy). It was so good it left me wanting more!!!

This sounds heavenly. Will try.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, lean beef and some veg mix it up in a skillet. High protein, low fat Bamm good meal.
  • vkr2q7
    vkr2q7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes for clearing out my fridge. This morning I had 3 egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, garlic, some salsa and some leftover avocado that needed to be used.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I prefer to scramble 1/4 cup whites with one whole egg, spinach, red pepper & ham or turkey steak.