Am I losing too fast?

Options
I am 35 days in with MFP. I have lost 12 pounds already. Is this too much to lose in this amount of time? I am set at 1200 calories. Work a desk job and I started at 160 and now I am 148.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Healthy is 1-2 pounds a week.. It's been 5 weeks so that is a little fast. Are you netting 1200?
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    I would say it is a little fast . You are averaging about 2.4 lbs a week, you shouldn't do more than 2, but when you have so little to lose, it is more healthy to lose slowly. I would adjust to lose just 1lb a week, and if you work out eat back at least half of your calories. MFP over estimates burns so you could do more harm than good by eating 100% of the back.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1200cals is wayyyyy too little to be eating! Eat more to Lose more! I'm 4'11 and started at 160 and am now 134 based on a 14-1600cal diet. Your body needs food to burn fat. If you don't eat enough your body goes into "starvation mode" and starts storing everything you eat into fat cells. although it might work at first, long term it will not help you.
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Healthy is 1-2 pounds a week.. It's been 5 weeks so that is a little fast. Are you netting 1200?

I am at 1200 calories eating all of my exercise calories back.