Frustrated

Options
I'm feeling a little frustrated, I only lost 3.6 lbs this month. I still have 66 lbs to lose, so 3.6 is not great. I know any loss is a good thing, so I am still happy, but does anyone have any tricks to stay motivated for those months where weight loss is minimal? Thanks!

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. Know that if you quit, what's going to happen? You'll just gain whatever you lost and then some more. Are your clothes fitting better? Are you exercising? Are you logging correctly? Weighing and measuring and accurately tracking? If you're not seeing results on the scale, do they show up somewhere else (i.e., you're losing inches)? Weight loss is not linear and there are several reasons you may not be seeing a huge loss right now. It didn't take you a couple of months to put on 66lbs - it'll certainly be longer to take it off :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's between 0.5 and 1 pound a week. That's not minimal weight loss, that's fabulous weight loss! The only thing you need to adjust is your expectations.

And buy and use a food scale, if you aren't currently.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    p4yi115zsbz7.png

You lost 3.5 times this amount. Does that make you feel better?
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You are progressing at a healthy weight loss rate- congratulations! Don't be frustrated, keep at it. I second the food scale, and becoming more familiar with nutrition labels and appropriate serving sizes. It will come off if you are consistent and accurate in your logging.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!