Looking for friends focused on losing gradually/psychological process

Options
Good afternoon guys! I am new here, and looking for friends that may have a similar struggle as me. I just returned from living in Africa and lost a lot of weight, I'm about 5 pounds away from my ideal weight. My instinct as someone who loves food is to just eat non-stop. I adopted some good habits over there that I'd like to keep up, but it's just so psychologically difficult in the American culture/economy. My cravings are all back and I want donuts for breakfast and frozen pizza for dinner!

I don't necessarily want to lose a lot of weight, but focus on maintenance or gradual loss (0.5lb a week), getting in my daily workout (don't love it but I believe exercise is truly the most important thing we can do a day for ourselves), and just trying not to be a beast and focus on acceptance of self and gratitude.

I would love some friends that like to ping comments and inspiration around. I promise to do my part everyday and share some insight when I can. :)<3

All the best to everyone.

Replies

• cheryllauris
    cheryllauris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The healthier you eat & frequently, the more you will want to. May I suggest the little magazine called, "Prevention" it's so wonderful that I had to subscribe by mail for 3 years now! Don't "beat yourself up" most grocery stores are a land mine of bad choices to choose from! You'll develop your selective process just fine because I can tell your thinking that way right now. Treat yourself to something terrific chocolate once a month. Just a little bit:-), I love this fitness app. I've only had it for a week and today broke my 1 mile run record. This is my 3rd run. I still work in an office setting (the chair really does kill us), so I'm back to moving again. I get off track sometimes. Life takes over. That's equivalent to "S___, happens! Lol! Have a happy healthy day/weekend coming up. We are out here struggling, too! Don't give up, ever! I turn 60 years old this fall and only took up working out & better eating practices when I turned 50. Gave cigarettes the boot @ 50, too! The best of luck to you:-), I'll be running! And, weight training, and bike riding:-)
  • 1DancewithLove2Heart
    1DancewithLove2Heart Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi