Body fat % in women

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    @A_Rene86 you look to be in the low 20's of body fat.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »
    z13tfdpuhopj.jpg
    Tested twice now a couple of months apart - first was 20.01%, second was 20.58% (I was told the gain was down to 'that time of the month', so carrying more water). Still want to lose more but it's a damn slow process :#

What you do with your body is your business, but you look very lean to me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I've never been properly measured but when I hop on the scale or enter my measurements (I should add that I'm 5'3'') it shoots out about 22% - but I'm not sure how much I trust that.

4kfzwdshrm3h.jpg

The slippers made me :D .

Everyone looks fantastic!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    No idea on the first photo, 2nd photo is ~17% by calipers.

prd14mb5c00q.jpg
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Looking lean and great! Jealous of your arms!
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    @A_Rene86 That's not the right BF% for you by far. You look great.

Seconding that- way off. Unfortunately those tests can be wildly inaccurate! See if there is a university near you with exercise science- they might have bod pod, hydrostatic, and/or Dexa.

That's the impression I'm getting! There's a ton of universities in my general area, so I'm sure I can find one. Thanks for the input :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Welp in my case bodpod was horribly inaccurate. Same day got tested at 9.6% -10.8%, caplipers put me at 16-17% at the same time, 134lbs 5'6 so yeah I will no longer consider that equipment accurate at all. Left pic, right was 190lbs back in 2013 lol

Planning a Dexa once I drop about 7lbs more, at 142 now after a bulk. (135 goal) Expecting to be around 15% at that point via Dexa at current LBM I am getting around 17-18% right now via calipers/handheld

No matter what method, you look AMAZING!!!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Welp in my case bodpod was horribly inaccurate. Same day got tested at 9.6% -10.8%, caplipers put me at 16-17% at the same time, 134lbs 5'6 so yeah I will no longer consider that equipment accurate at all. Left pic, right was 190lbs back in 2013 lol

Planning a Dexa once I drop about 7lbs more, at 142 now after a bulk. (135 goal) Expecting to be around 15% at that point via Dexa at current LBM I am getting around 17-18% right now via calipers/handheld

haha thanks, you should see my upper now post bulk lol I am guessing 5lbs or more of LBM gain. eak! :)

17952941_10100308078791561_6805432100523120951_n.jpg?oh=106926c40507af86d5d0a7c39058ecec&oe=598ED5EB

pics help haha
  • quiksylver296
    Options

haha thanks, you should see my upper now post bulk lol I am guessing 5lbs or more of LBM gain. eak! :)

Show us! Show us!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

17952941_10100308078791561_6805432100523120951_n.jpg?oh=106926c40507af86d5d0a7c39058ecec&oe=598ED5EB

pics help haha

That is a serious bulk WIN!!!
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options

Show us! Show us!!!

added it above.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten* @sunflowerhippi! That is seriously impressive
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    Sad part is I weight 3lbs less in bottom pic too AND still have 7lbs more to cut down. Should be intersting to see my dexa once I hit goal.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look so great. My lowest a few years ago was 25. Which I was thrilled with.
    I was 48.5 bmi and went down to 30.7 bmi based on the BMI calculations.
    However with bod pod and a scale that measure body fat set to an active setting was 25.
    We won't say where I am now, lol. I need to get back into better shape.
    But whether it be weight, BMI or body fat analysis, remember to factor in how you feel with the goal. I have seen a few on here with about a 20% body fat and still had clearly different body types.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    A_Rene86 wrote: »
    In case anyone noticed and was curious...I removed my pictures because a co-worker stumbled across this thread :/ Not the type of conversation I want to be having in the workplace!

Doh!
    Sad part is I weight 3lbs less in bottom pic too AND still have 7lbs more to cut down. Should be intersting to see my dexa once I hit goal.

You seriously have had one of the most successful bulks I think I've seen on here. Your hard work is definitely showing off. And the BodPod may have been closer than you think, because you look Super lean in that pic.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    OMG @sunflowerhippi BULK GOALS! This fall I'm going to have a jar of peanut butter in one hand and a heavy dumbell in the other at all times... I want those arms!
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    A_Rene86 wrote: »
    In case anyone noticed and was curious...I removed my pictures because a co-worker stumbled across this thread :/ Not the type of conversation I want to be having in the workplace!

Doh!

You seriously have had one of the most successful bulks I think I've seen on here. Your hard work is definitely showing off. And the BodPod may have been closer than you think, because you look Super lean in that pic.

I have pretty bad body dismorphia which is why i rely on these test so much, but really just do not think I was that low. If it would have said 14-15% I could have maybe went with it but they say 1lb of fat is about the size of a closed up fist and my thighs easily had 6 or more each leg, which would be 12+lbs of fat and over the 10% easy, my upper was grossly thin though at that point which is why I did the bulk honestly to add some mass so when I lean out again I look less sickly thin at the body fat I want (15-16%)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested to see how that goes, as I'm in the same boat.