Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Options

Replies

• OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi. I enjoy working out at home. I use an app called Sworkit and love it. There are different options to choose from (Strength, Cardio, Yoga, stretching). I use the free version but there is a Premium option. I've worked myself up to doing 25 minutes a day of the strength exercises rotating between full body, lower body, core, ect. I am to Sworkit 4-5 days a week and apart from that I fit two 20 min walks in at work and sometimes three. I also walk 2-3 miles after work. The sworkit it gives a good work out for sure! I have muscles I never thought I would have :)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Completed L1 30 Day Shred (again) with a 15 minute run/walk after.
  • AndreaWatkins2015
    AndreaWatkins2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I love working out at home, I have an extensive DVD workout library as well as a Beachbody on Demand annual subscription, I am so much more motivated than when I was going to the gym. Last nights workout was:
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer's - Lift to be Fit premix 1, chest, back and shoulders followed by
    Skogg Kettlebell Roots level 2
    I am 62 this year and planning on working out as long as I can move :-)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Workout for Wednesday may 10 - 10 minutes per circuit

Circuit #1
    10 kettle bell swings
    10 jump squats
    10 Weighted curtsy lunge

Circuit #2
    10 Weighted crunches
    10 Weighted glute bridge
    10 Russian twists w/12 lb weight

Circuit #3
    10 kettle bell deadlifts
    10 speed skaters
    10 walking lunges

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: dance cardio 45 min), walked at work for 4 hours, ran 2 miles afterwards. I was tired and hungry! Today was insanity fast and furious (20min) 30 min yoga, walking at work, then lifting after.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Its my rest day so noting but walking and Pilates today.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I came home yesterday instead of going for a run. My morning workout was Kendall Hogan aerobics from exerciseTV. I did rockin'body 25 min routine plus 20 min Denise Austin power yoga after work. This morning was Turbo Jam#2.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Morning! I work out at home as well. I have a Bowflex Max Trainer but I like to get outside as much as I can when the weather is nice. I also own a resistance tube and a couple dumbbells but they are all kinda light so it is time to invest in something heavier so I can do more strength work outs. I have a Garmin Vivofit 3 and a chest band HRM that I use every work out I do to give me an idea of how much I am burning.

Today I did 45min of yard work: I cut down and then hauled off some bushes/trees I don't want anymore. They were a good 10+ ft tall so it was quite challenging hauling them off. I have a couple more but with 97% humidity I wanted to be safe and decided to stop once the sun started beating down on me making it hotter...this was 7am-8am this morning!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to my 1/2 hour home workouts when I can't make the gym or jog. I like Ripped in 30. The moves are all adaptable enough and I did get some inches off last year before my injuries happened.

Did Week 1 of that series yesterday before work, realizing I had to skip my gym class. It was a good day. I'll join you all when I can't make it out!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Today I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2 then 15 minutes on the treadmill
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yesterday I did turbo jam and lifting. Today was Tomy Hortons cardio intervals DVD.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    no formal exercise today (May 14). I did hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit and was very active. Played basketball with my son, went on a family bike ride, played drums in Rock Band 4.

On Saturday May 13 I did:
    3.1 mile run
    1 hour various weights and body weight exercises using a bosu ball, dumbbells, kettlebells, and my weighted hula hoop
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2 plus 15 minutes treadmill (fast walk)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I work out at home as well. I just cant swing the gym, used to do kickboxing/boxing classes and loved them, then I bought a house. LOL
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Saturday I didn't work out per say but was very active, we were working on a bathroom remodel and I was the go and get it person. I went to each of our home repair warehouse stores multiple times getting different things and hit pretty good steps on my garmin.

Sunday morning, after a yummy breakfast, my daughter and I went for 2 laps around the neighborhood (1.5mi).

Today I plan to go out for a walk/jog in the neighborhood as soon as I get off work here.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Today I did rockin'body disco groove, walked at lunch, then lifting after work.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm doing p90x

So I have a pull up bar, power block elite that goes to 70lbs, some bands, pushup bars etc...

Also have the treadmill and some weight machine that doesn't get used much.

Simple for now, probably do 2 rounds of p90x then get a bench and more weights.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Today I spent 25 minutes running on the treadmill and then did some upper body - mostly biceps, triceps, chest, and upper back. Wasn't able to finish all my sets so will finish up tonight before Pilates.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Today was Cardio Intervals (Tony Horton), walk at lunch, 2.5 mile run after work, .5 mile walk.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    10 reps per move, 10 minutes per circuit. Added 1 minute of mixed cardio in between circuits (jumping jacks, fast feet, high knees, etc...)
    KB Swings (25lb)
    R leg split squat
    KB Swings
    L leg split squat
    KB Deadlifts (35lbs)

Med ball sit ups (12lb)
    Weighted Hip Bridge (18lb bar)
    Russian Twists (8lb med ball)
    Bosu glute bridge

Weighted Step ups (2 12lb dumbells)
    Thrusters (18lb bar)
    Upside down Bosu squats