Any Pear shaped ladies lost weight and became Hourglass shape?

Options
MrsPinterest34
MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
I've been an extreme pear shaped my entire life but I've also been fat my entire life. So this year is my first time I'm determined to lose weight to a healthy BMI. I'm noticing as I'm losing the weight that I'm looking more hourglass even though I have a small bust. I've always assumed you need to have a large bust to have a hour glass shape. I have very broad shoulders and as I drop inches from hips ( which has been very slow) I noticed my shoulder width and hip width are balancing out. My waist is getting smaller too. Any other pear shape ladies noticed this type of change with weight loss?

Replies

• nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I actually just posted here about the opposite problem. I'd been an hourglass forever then I gained and lost weight and now I'm more like a pear shape
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear, even at my smallest (5'4 105 lbs) I was a pear. Now with more weight on me I'm still a pear. The only thing that will make me an hour glass are breast implants.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Always been a pear, 40lbs lighter and still a pear! Although a much smaller pear, the weight Def accumulates on hips and thighs while I'm skinny Minnie up top
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I used to measure 34", 29", 44". Pretty extreme pear

Now I'm still a pear at 32", 27", 40" but my shoulders are kind of bigger from strength training. The few less inches in the waist to hip ratio makes a difference and my overall body composition is better, so I think I look more proportional.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    janjunie wrote: »
    I'm a pear, even at my smallest (5'4 105 lbs) I was a pear. Now with more weight on me I'm still a pear. The only thing that will make me an hour glass are breast implants.

Same here. I've always had small boobs and after losing 11 pounds (which for me was like, 9% of my bodyweight), my shape is still the same. The upside though is that I don't have to deal with boob shrinkage because there was nothing to shrink lol

Same for me. I was thinking only this morning that my boobs are still tiny tiny but haven't changed but I'm losing on everywhere else. I seem to be getting a nice shape and from the male interest I've had lately I'm assuming my shape is noticeable even if I can't see it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!