Dieting makes me stay the same or gain?

I follow my calorie budget strictly (1,200) along with running for 30 minutes or walking for 30 minutes. My weight either goes up or it just stays the same every time I try to diet. I don't get processed foods usually, and since I'm a vegan I always eat healthy. I am well hydrated, very well nourished , but why can't I lose the weight? (I'm not over weight. 5'4 120 pounds)

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Do you weigh all your food on a food scale?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    What is your goal? Because you are at a normal weight.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Because you're at a healthy weight for your height and not eating in a deficit? Or weight loss isn't linear? Have you ever followed your daily weight on a trending app?

Being vegan does not automatically mean healthy, but regardless of the food you eat, if you're eating more calories than you think, you won't get the results you expect. How are you determining your intake?

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member

Losing the last five pounds will take accuracy and patience.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    How long have you been logging and trying before stopping?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Is the last 5 the worst? Any way I can push it to finally make it break? I usually try for three weeks and then give up. I'm about to be on my third week again, but I do plan to stay on this until I lose the weight I want. I want to be patient this time, and that's why I came here, to understand what's going on.

Just keep going. Get a weight trend app, it evens out daily fluctuations and you'll probably see your weight slowly going down.

If you only work in 3 week spurts before giving up its no wonder you aren't getting results!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Just keep going. It took me three months to get the first 10 off, and the second 10 seem to be taking forever.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Just out of curiosity what does MFP give you for maintenance?

Your loss at this point is vanity pounds and they come off really slow. Expect less than .5 lbs a week.

Even though you are eating at 1200. If your maintenance is less than 250 cal a week difference, you are going to have difficulties. Upping your daily activity- doing everything inefficiently will help you burn a few extra calories.

Cheers, h.