Bcaa???!!!

Options
Tell me what you like and what you don't like. Tell me why you take it. And what kind you like!

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I use ON nutrition amino energy mostly for the caffeine lol. It is supposed to help muscles recover so you aren't as sore, but I don't know about that.
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BCAA are great for you, but I get mine from eating meat and taking whey protein....there is probably no need for you to take them individually.
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you luna3386
  • Farrell73
    Options
    Great! Thanks Jondrees
  • gymzonian
    gymzonian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love taking sciVation Xtend BCAAs. Their flavors are close to Jolly Rancher taste. My favorites are watermelon, and apple.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    What's their purpose @gymzonian
  • gymzonian
    gymzonian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What's their purpose @gymzonian
    http://main.poliquingroup.com/articlesmultimedia/articles/article/1088/ten_benefits_of_bcaas.aspx People don't have to take Bcaa's at all but for me. I love them and have no problem buying Bcaas all the time.
  • jph3
    jph3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love BCAAs intra workout. Currently using grape Purple Wraath and really liking it.
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the Xtend, as well. The flavor I'm drinking now is Strawberry Kiwi. It does help me in the gym while working out.
  • Farrell73
    Options
    Thank everyone! Question does it really help you not to be so sore?
  • EugeneBee
    EugeneBee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's just a waste of money!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love my BCAA. I take it during the first portion of my workout (elliptical or running 40 minutes) because I train fasted. I find that it also helps with my power output during the strength training portion of my workout, but it could be partly due to the InsuSpike or Watts UP Peak force thats added to the one that I take. I LOVE GNC's beyond raw precision BCAA (it tastes just like gummy worms, and i'm super picky about flavors.) It's also supposed to help with DOMS too. Maybe stop into your local GNC and see if they have sample packets?
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would put it this way it all depends on what u r trying to do ? N y u think u need them ? I do feel they work u can add them to your protein shake or take them by them selfs just watch some company's add caffeine too also not a big fan of flavored ones too Amazon has some of the best deals on them hope this helps U ...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/branched-chain-amino-acids/
    BCAAs are important to ingest on a daily basis, but many protein sources, such as meat and eggs, already provide BCAAs. Supplementation is unnecessary for people with a sufficiently high protein intake (1-1.5g per kg of bodyweight a day or more).
    In regards to the anti-fatigue effects, it is highly plausible that this will only apply to untrained or lightly trained persons doing prolonged exercise. There does appear to be a difference between trained and untrained persons, and perhaps this is due to less tolerance to exercise-induced sedation (fatigue tends to set in earlier in newbies, so an anti-fatigue effect is going to affect them more)
  • Farrell73
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Farrell73 wrote: »
    Tell me what you like and what you don't like. Tell me why you take it. And what kind you like!

for myself: yes, i do think it helps with soreness, but also no, i don't feel like i need to do it continually. i take mine about the same way as i take my magnesium: only when actual cramping or soreness show up and they seem to be necessary.

i have aminocore key lime/cherry flavour, with some pink lemonade stuff from canadianprotein.com still waiting in the kitchen cupboard. took me a while to get used to the aura around the aminocore stuff, but now i'm used to the flavour and kind of like it, though i dilute it like mad. i'm a water-or-coffee person the rest of the time, so my tastebuds don't have much resistance to violent sweetness and flavouring.

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Like canadianlbs said, I also don't feel the need to take it religiously. I only add it to the first portion of my workout when I have intense strength training planned. BCAA can be a little expensive (I never ever take the dose reccomended by the salesmen at GNC, he suggested taking 3x what I take now, and I'm feeling effectiveness at my current dose). It helps to stretch it a bit.