Fitbit users- Do you start and stop your exercise on the 15 minute mark?

Options
Please tell me I'm not the only person who does this... I like my graph to show mostly green bars, so i always make sure that i start and stop my exercise in the 15 minute blocks of time so that it will ensure a green bar. For example, if it's 2:10pm, i wont start walking till the clock hits 2:15, and won't stop till it's 2:30-2:45 etc. Is this totally ocd'ish??

My husband just loves to stop me mid walk (i walk at home and do laps around the outside of our house, we have a huge yard with side gates on both sides of the house) and ask for help with this or that, or to start a conversation.. When this happens i don't usually get enough steps in that block and i end up with orange or yellow bars scattered all throughout my graph!

He mentioned before, that he could be lying there having a heart attack and i'd tell him to wait so i can finish my walk lol Which is total BS! All i ask of him is to just let me finish, and then i'll be happy to give him whatever he needs.

Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nope, I couldn't care less, lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    No. I let my Fitbit go for whatever time. I wouldn't say it's OCD since that's a serious condition. I'd just say you're anal-retentive.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    LOL. I don't, but now that you mention it, it's not a bad idea. ;)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    And yes, I like to see my active hours lit up and I love when things turn green and "explode" on the app, or when my fitbit "does the happy dance" when I hit 10k steps. ;) (I show it to my kids and they think it's pretty cool.)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    And yes, I like to see my active hours lit up and I love when things turn green and "explode" on the app, or when my fitbit "does the happy dance" when I hit 10k steps. ;) (I show it to my kids and they think it's pretty cool.)

I aim to get fitbit to do the happy dance every day :)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Wait, what's a FitBit happy dance? Is that on the app (as in a graphic) or does your FitBit buzz/vibrate? Just curious, I have a One and I know nothing of a happy dance. :smile:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wait, what's a FitBit happy dance? Is that on the app (as in a graphic) or does your FitBit buzz/vibrate? Just curious, I have a One and I know nothing of a happy dance. :smile:

If you reach your step, distance, floors, calories burnt and active minutes the apps screen turns green and streaks dart across it
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options

If you reach your step, distance, floors, calories burnt and active minutes the apps screen turns green and streaks dart across it

That does sound cute, I guess one of these days I'll have to give up my stubborn refusal to update the app to the new permanent UI. I guess I have app OCD... I like all my info in lines, not circles! :D

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,376 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    On the Alta the happy dance is a little fireworks display with added vibration :smile:
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to it I just let it do its thing
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Fwiw I have noticed that it does seem to track less than 15 minutes because on my morning walk to coffee I sometimes get 8 active minutes if I hustle lol
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    No way, that's not something I want to stress about
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I actually have OCD and this hasn't even occurred to me as something to note. I just aim to hit all my goals everyday
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have a lot of obsessive tendencies (and get grumpy if the app cheats me out of a 250 step hour*), but not that one. :smile:

*I've found that if I finish the 250 steps too close to the end of the hour, it doesn't always sync properly to the app. So, my watch says I got 12/12 hours, but the app disagrees. Grr!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nope. I have a lot of obsessive tendencies (and get grumpy if the app cheats me out of a 250 step hour*), but not that one. :smile:

*I've found that if I finish the 250 steps too close to the end of the hour, it doesn't always sync properly to the app. So, my watch says I got 12/12 hours, but the app disagrees. Grr!

Definitely a GRRRR moment! But I am starting to get the impression that Christine is unique in her "seeking full bars of walkies" behaviour ;-)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've got far too much else going on to be able to be that picky about when i move.