Do you think this will taste good?

Options
incisron
incisron Posts: 550 Member
I'm having a hard time getting meat. I want to make macaroni and spaghetti sauce with black beans instead of meat. Do you think it will taste good?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer chick peas but I don't see why it wouldn't taste nice.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    It is different but worth a shot.
  • debrapike1
    debrapike1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have successfully made a mock meat sauce for pasta with green lentils and ground walnuts..onion mushrooms stock marmite garlic herbs also makes a good filling for veggie shepherds pie
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Try it and see. Its the only way
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lentils would also work.
    I'm vegetarian, I make veggie bolognaise with lentils, tomatoes, whichever fresh veg I fancy on the day (chopped courgettes are nice in it) and herbs. Beans is a good idea though, I might give it a go :)
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah Id just shovel it into my face and try lol.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it would taste fine.
    There are lots of recipes for black bean meatless "meatballs".
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Try it.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    If I were making something with black beans, I would probably make it Mexican inspired.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and spaghetti sauce with black beans sounds good to me! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me. :) Lentils with tomato sauce are pretty awesome on macaroni as well!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you really want to go nuts, use Zoodles instead of pasta.
  • incisron
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It was my first time making pasta with spaghetti sauce. Wasn't awesome, but was not bad either. To its credit - I had a small bowl and I'M STUFFED!!! I made enough for five 400 calorie dinners and IDK if I'll be able to finish it in that amount of time!
    And the cool thing about it is the ingredients for all this food only cost 3 dollars :) got to love beans!
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Yes .. I think so
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. It was my first time making pasta with spaghetti sauce. Wasn't awesome, but was not bad either. To its credit - I had a small bowl and I'M STUFFED!!! I made enough for five 400 calorie dinners and IDK if I'll be able to finish it in that amount of time!
    And the cool thing about it is the ingredients for all this food only cost 3 dollars :) got to love beans!

Can you freeze individual servings? I've done it all the time. And when I was in grad school, I ate very similar dishes.
  • incisron
    Options
    :) I can. And i think I'd better so the food doesn't start to go bad after five or six days.
  • painzzzz
    painzzzz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    personally i like kidney beans and canellini beans in my tomato sauce and i think they go pretty well because they are kind of peppery. glad it was a success!