Day 5 Without Diet Soda

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up. It only gets better then longer you go. You need that garbage anyway. I am sure others(Mr Shill) will chime in and argue the point, but it's not good for you so why drink it. Artificial sugars are horrible.

I have plenty of coworkers who have not had ANY food changes in their diet and only gave up diet soda's. Pretty good weight loss after a few weeks and kept if off after some months passing.

What or whom am I shilling for again? Oh that's right, you can't answer that. The only thing I rail against is bad information, not personal preference.

I'd love to know the science behind this. Answers on a postcard please...

Does this work?

1342891776482_2492097.png
  • culpjm90
    culpjm90 Posts: 58
    Options
    iv cut down a lot used to drink about 6 cans a day of diet dr.pepper now I maybe have one with dinner what I find weird is that I don't find myself craving them. im loving my water and green tea :D
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up. It only gets better then longer you go. You need that garbage anyway. I am sure others(Mr Shill) will chime in and argue the point, but it's not good for you so why drink it. Artificial sugars are horrible.

I have plenty of coworkers who have not had ANY food changes in their diet and only gave up diet soda's. Pretty good weight loss after a few weeks and kept if off after some months passing.

Caloric deficit is required for weight loss. It's science, I'm sorry. So I highly doubt there was no change/difference in caloric intake.

Btw, your little subtle and constant attacks on another user only serve to discredit you, not him.

IN™...

for special snowflake sciences
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Stops drinking zero cal diet sodas. Loses weight?

Well I'm confused.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I found giving up soda the easiest thing out of all of my bad eating habits.

My weaknesses are things like Chinese food, burgers, fries, etc.

I found chocolate really easy to quit, too. (I surprised myself with that one)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am curious how diet soda makes you gain or retain weight. Especially with zero calories.

Would not give up willingly.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I am now 20 months diet soda free, one cup of coffe in the morning and straight water the rest of the day. Best feeling in the world and great money savings!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Six years, don't miss it. You CAN do this.
  • butterflywndr
    Options
    The first time I gave up diet soda, I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. The sodas were making me crave that many extra calories and when the cravings hit, I ate.
    Some advice though, once you decide to give it up, don't ever go back to drinking it, not even a sip. I went an entire year without it, then, I figured, well, I can have just one per week and be okay, and before I knew it, I was up to large sodas every day sometimes more than one (this is diet soda by the way) and all the weight plus some is back.
    I have faith that you can do it, just stay strong and avoid the cravings, even a year from now.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I was drinking 6+ cans of Diet Mtn Dew every day. I stopped cold turkey about 6 months ago. Last month I had a couple diet sodas while on vacation, it was no big deal and I've not had one since.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I'm on about minute 2 without diet soda.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I guess I could do this. It just waters down my vodka anyways.
  • Achrya
    Options
    I am curious how diet soda makes you gain or retain weight. Especially with zero calories.

Would not give up willingly.

Still waiting on an answer to this.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I drink it for two reasons. I'm thirsty and it tastes great.

Oh, so you've had coworkers stop drinking ZERO calorie drinks and magically start losing weight? Are they wizards? Or is it that they were on a new Get Healthy kick and stopped drinking diet soda among several other dietary changes that included a change in their caloric intake?

I'm betting they made one or two other changes too. Because here in the real world, when someone decides to change their lifestyle, more than one change takes places. Even if they only mean to change one thing they ended changing several. Sort of how the mere act of logging food changes the eating choices that people make.

But what I'm peddling common sense, not diet soda and not fast food. If you don't want to drink soda, or coffee, or eat McD's or PopTarts, that's perfectly fine. Just stop believing that these changes are going to bring about magical weight loss and health benefits. You're just cutting out certain types of food, not poison.

When you see people come into threads like this it's not because we want to troll you or be negative or make you feel bad. We're trying to get you to stop looking for BS magical cures and focus on what works for everybody. I've tried your magical restrictive diets. I've tried your magical supplements. I've tried giving up foods I loved. And then I got on MFP, counted my calories while eating ALL my favorite foods, and I hit my goal weight while enjoying the hell out of my life. We're trying to sell you some of that.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I once went 5 days without saying any words that contained the letter 'T'. Now that was impressive.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Oh, so you've had coworkers stop drinking ZERO calorie drinks and magically start losing weight? Are they wizards? Or is it that they were on a new Get Healthy kick and stopped drinking diet soda among several other dietary changes that included a change in their caloric intake?

I'm betting they made one or two other changes too. Because here in the real world, when someone decides to change their lifestyle, more than one change takes places. Even if they only mean to change one thing they ended changing several. Sort of how the mere act of logging food changes the eating choices that people make.

But what I'm peddling common sense, not diet soda and not fast food. If you don't want to drink soda, or coffee, or eat McD's or PopTarts, that's perfectly fine. Just stop believing that these changes are going to bring about magical weight loss and health benefits. You're just cutting out certain types of food, not poison.

When you see people come into threads like this it's not because we want to troll you or be negative or make you feel bad. We're trying to get you to stop looking for BS magical cures and focus on what works for everybody. I've tried your magical restrictive diets. I've tried your magical supplements. I've tried giving up foods I loved. And then I got on MFP, counted my calories while eating ALL my favorite foods, and I hit my goal weight while enjoying the hell out of my life. We're trying to sell you some of that.

I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    today is my 51 day with out soda - I used to drink 6 daily I think . Probably more I never drank water only coke.
    If I can do it so can you !

Good Luck !
  • Achrya
    Options

Whoa! Don't you speak for me, you don't know why i come into these threads.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love to see these threads. The more people give up diet soft drinks, the more there is for me to buy at the store. So to the OP and all of you other clean drinkers, I say "Keep quitting... especially Diet Pepsi, because that's clearly the worst for your health. Clearly."
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

::applauds::