Help with Macros please

Options
2»

Replies

• niyra17
    niyra17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Wait a minute did you say you lost 1 stone in February!! (14 lbs in one month)? Wow, that's fast.

You know what would help - is if you allowed your diary to be public, and gave us your stats, height, age & weight. I don't think I've seen this yet.

AW no I've lost 1 stone from starting of feb till 2 weeks ago, so it took me like about 10 weeks. I've got my diary set with a code 1963.
    Also my height is 5ft 2 .. Now weight is 13stone 1 lb age is 54 ..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    luciascavo wrote: »
    Try changing up your numbers. Your carbs shouldn't be higher than your proteins if you're trying to lose weight. Eat carbs before working out. Carbs break down into sugar, which turns into energy, that can be burned at the gym. If you're not currently working out, the carbs will be stored as fat. Eat proteins throughout the day. Try putting in numbers such as 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I currently have mine set to 50, 25, 25 as well as strength straining every week day morning, plus kick boxing once on the weekend.

Rubbish... ignore this OP
  • niyra17
    niyra17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    luciascavo wrote: »
    Try changing up your numbers. Your carbs shouldn't be higher than your proteins if you're trying to lose weight. Eat carbs before working out. Carbs break down into sugar, which turns into energy, that can be burned at the gym. If you're not currently working out, the carbs will be stored as fat. Eat proteins throughout the day. Try putting in numbers such as 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I currently have mine set to 50, 25, 25 as well as strength straining every week day morning, plus kick boxing once on the weekend.

Rubbish... ignore this OP

Ok that is what I was going to do lower my carb intake at put it to those settings, only because I don't work out and I have seen before that higher carbs do take time to shift and turn into sugar.. I did this yesterday ,but did go over I think its hard to keep it at 40% carb though..still confusing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    niyra17 wrote: »
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Wait a minute did you say you lost 1 stone in February!! (14 lbs in one month)? Wow, that's fast.

You know what would help - is if you allowed your diary to be public, and gave us your stats, height, age & weight. I don't think I've seen this yet.

AW no I've lost 1 stone from starting of feb till 2 weeks ago, so it took me like about 10 weeks. I've got my diary set with a code 1963.
    Also my height is 5ft 2 .. Now weight is 13stone 1 lb age is 54 ..

So you've lost an average of more than one pound a week? You're doing great, you're even losing more than is customary for your age and activity level. The problem is not your macros or calories, it's your expectations. Weight can stall for no apparent reason for 2-3 weeks. Wait it out for one more week then see if something needs to be changed. I lose weight in chunks, I lose consistently when I look at my weight difference month to month, but there are weeks where I lose squat, or even gain.