Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pull ups and calories

When I try to add Pull ups in exercise it says weight per set. What does this mean? Do I have to put my own weight or it is in case I hang some extra weight on me?

Replies

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Don't count
  • kampstand
    kampstand Posts: 5 Member
    Don´t count what? Do you know what the field for weight is meant to be used for?
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Not worth counting the calories
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    That entry is under Strength Training, so it won't county the calories regardless.

If you want to use it to track your workouts, you can either put in how many pounds you've added (on a belt), how many pounds you weigh (although you'd probably just skip it in that case), or if you're using assistance, how many pounds of assistance you got. For me, I use an assisted pull-up machine, so I would enter in what I set the machine to, so I can remember where I left off last time.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Unless you're doing say 100 pull-ups. Your calorie burn is minimal. It takes an hour of intense lifting to burn. 250-300 calories. In 10-15 minutes I can hammer out 50 pull-ups. So burning maybe 100 calories at the very most.
  • kampstand
    kampstand Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the answers Tmac and Jesse.