Working out goals?

I'm a 5ft 3" female, weighing 126 pounds and my goal says to maintain this weight with a lightly active lifestyle I need 1690 cals per day. When I go back to work as a massage therapist my goal changes on this system to be just under 2000 cals!

How on earth do I eat so many calories to provide gains & stay at the same weight or will I go up naturally?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I don't understand your question. You want calories to provide gains, but stay the same weight? Like a recomp? Are you lifting?
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    I do lift as part of a fat burning program before I start a different program to gain. I suppose my weight would change wouldn't it, it would go up as I gain....is this correct? I don't mind gaining weight as long as I gain muscle definition.

I would like to know how it would be possible for someone like me to eat that many calories per day and not be so full.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I do lift as part of a fat burning program before I start a different program to gain. I suppose my weight would change wouldn't it, it would go up as I gain....is this correct? I don't mind gaining weight as long as I gain muscle definition.

I would like to know how it would be possible for someone like me to eat that many calories per day and not be so full.

Gaining 'weight' means gaining fat and muscle.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    When you gain weight, you have to eat in a surplus of calories, and you will gain both fat and muscle. You will not gain "definition" while in a surplus. You get create definition by slowly losing the layer of fat over the muscle you have, which is usually done in a deficit. If you want to maintain your weight while gaining muscle, it is called a recomp, and it takes a while. Lift heavy, eat maintenance calories. Do you know what your maintenance calories are for your current weight? If you feel to full at this level, just switch to foods with higher calories, less volume(like nuts, full fat dairy, etc).
  • Xymheia
    Xymheia Posts: 65 Member
    I suggest you start out as massage therapist and try to find your maintenance level, see if it's still/indeed 2000 kcal and work from there. 2000 kcal should be doable if you eat, say, three 500 kcal meals a day with two 250 kcal snacks or two 300 kcal meals (breakfast, lunch) and one 900 kcal (dinner) and two 250 kcal snacks. If you want to, you can increase your intake slowly to let your body get used to it. In the meantime your weight will probably increase slightly because you have more food in your system.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I'm a 5ft 3" female, weighing 126 pounds and my goal says to maintain this weight with a lightly active lifestyle I need 1690 cals per day. When I go back to work as a massage therapist my goal changes on this system to be just under 2000 cals!

How on earth do I eat so many calories to provide gains & stay at the same weight or will I go up naturally?

A half a cup of gelato and a beer will give you an extra 350 calories. Your welcome.

In all seriousness, if you are already eating a balanced diet, add back in some treats or calorie dense foods you may have gotten used to avoiding. Nuts and nut butters, avocados, cook with some oil, have a couple of cookies, have a big bowl of grapes, whatever!