Had a bad day!

Options
OMG just needed to offload - had such a brilliant week and good re-start to all this. Weighed everything, resisted everything and was polishing my halo last night! Today I sorted my spring/summer clothes out and was determine not to get too down about stuff I can no longer squeeze into as I'm addressing that - right? Tonight saw me cook loads of Chinese tit bits from the freezer and blow the diet - feeling rather bewildered as to how it happened! Lol - new day tomorrow

Replies

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think looking at the clothes could have been a trigger. Try to learn what triggers you. The scale can be a trigger for me sometimes even though I totally understand daily fluctuations. So I decided to cut back on weighing daily.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Get off your big hiney and exercise your "tit bits" off, in a rather literal sense.

(Just being hard on you. A few minutes of exercise will make it all better.)
  • kobolover
    kobolover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Get off your big hiney and exercise your "tit bits" off, in a rather literal sense.

(Just being hard on you. A few minutes of exercise will make it all better.)

Lol thanks for the kick!! I do need to get exercising.....
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I shifted my thinking from trying to be perfect to being consistent, I found it much easier to catch myself after a day that didn't add up to what I hoped. I shrug it off and say "back to what I do." Sounds like you had a great week and things were going great! Get back to doing that and this little blip in the radar will be just that, a little blip.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I had a bad one too yesterday. Just like you it started off great until about noon when company
    came over and brought all kinds of stuff. I won't beat myself up for a bad day since overall I do pretty well and my total
    for the week will still be in check.
    Problem is my system is not used to the fatty foods, sugars and stuff I ate yesterday and about 1 this AM I had massive gallbladder
    pain. Kept me up till 5AM finally fell asleep and woke a few hrs later feeling fine. Have not had a gallbladder issue since 12/26/16 the day
    I started logging. So it was something I ate that triggered it. I will pay the piper today and try to cleanse the system with fruits, veggies and lots of
    water.
    So.....we all slip don't be hard on yourself just get back on track and move forward.
  • donovanwoodworking
    donovanwoodworking Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Caving to our food wants is often like a knee jerk reaction. I know the little voice on the back of my head is saying "eat something" even when I am full. This certainly is not easy. We often are our worst critics. Log the day and today is a new one to keep on track...
    :-D
  • kobolover
    kobolover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    You're not alone. I had a bad one too yesterday. Just like you it started off great until about noon when company
    came over and brought all kinds of stuff. I won't beat myself up for a bad day since overall I do pretty well and my total
    for the week will still be in check.
    Problem is my system is not used to the fatty foods, sugars and stuff I ate yesterday and about 1 this AM I had massive gallbladder
    pain. Kept me up till 5AM finally fell asleep and woke a few hrs later feeling fine. Have not had a gallbladder issue since 12/26/16 the day
    I started logging. So it was something I ate that triggered it. I will pay the piper today and try to cleanse the system with fruits, veggies and lots of
    water.
    So.....we all slip don't be hard on yourself just get back on track and move forward.

Thanks for that. I felt queasy all night too - it's amazing how quickly our systems getting used to nice clean eating
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle and you're going to have days when you look back at what you've eaten, going oh that wasn't the best decision I ever made... but you learn from those moments and days, you have some water, go for a walk maybe, get into the gym and it all works out in the end. :) You just need to make sure to have more good days than bad days haha.
  • Catnightingale88
    Catnightingale88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everybody has a bad day some people have a few days but you just have to pick yourself back up and continue. Remember why you started this in the first place. Set yourself mini goals to reach and reward yourself when you reach them there's nothing more satisfying than reaching your goals
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm the queen of self sabotage! I'm a firm believer in finding out why we do that so that it's another pitfall you can avoid.