Help! I got fat again

Options
zilla729
zilla729 Posts: 5 Member
Last year I was on mfp for motivation to lose weight for my wedding I was working out 6 days a week and taking boxing and boot camp classes. I injured my foot in the process and cannot work out as hardcore currently. Since getting married in July I have gained 60 pounds and am back at 300 pounds. I know it's simply because I got lazy and started eating crap again. I am 5'11 and was 240 pounds when I got married in July not my ideal weight but I felt good and was on track to finally be under 200 pounds with normal blood work and blood pressure and here I am back at 300 pounds pre diabetic with high blood pressure. My husband just weighed in at 400 pounds at his last doctor visit for his gastric sleeve he is getting Monday. We both need to get serious about losing these extra people we are lugging around.

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Love the wedding dress!!! Good luck to you both!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Hope things go well for you both; that's great that you are in this together.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    zilla729 wrote: »
    I know it's simply because I got lazy and started eating crap again. I

You know what the problem is, which means you can address it! It's all about being self aware. Start logging again and I'm sure it will all fall into place!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The good news is you've already lost weight once...which means you know what works. I'm losing after my 3rd baby...so it's my 3rd time having to drop 40+ lbs....what worked before and has always worked is working yet again for me...counting calories and walking around more :) good luck to you both!
  • Hellobeautifuls
    Hellobeautifuls Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A good exercise for the stomache is standing in front of the mirror and belly rolling for thirty minutes a day. Also rolling your arms in circles out from your body like you're an airplane and it's a good stretching thing as destressing thing. Simply destressing - it causes you to lose a ton when you do. When you lose weight you'll kind of realize even you lose weight from the stress of stressing you were feeling like you gained weight. Get at least eight hours a day. I had a back injury and gained weight and whatnot and it's not my norm not being active so it's def a diff even in your mood! So eat more fruit and veggies! Cut out sugar and more carbs - it'll even put your mood and stress and cut out way more weight and make you like automatically happier and make your skin just glow and when you start working out on top of that youll glow glow so you have that to look forward to!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hey Zilla. Im kind of in the same boat. Started off in 2011 (after my 3rd baby) at 117kg, and 5'2". Lost a bunch of weight and got down to 78kgs- ran a few marathons, lifted some heavy stuff, etc. Then tore my hammy and took 3 months off. Got back into it and got a stress fracture in my foot. Got back into it again and gave myself a hernia. Was told that they cant do surgery on the hernia as it's not bad enough, but that i cant really exercise because it will hurt. Was told to walk, which doesn't really float my boat!
    Anyway, my mojo left when it kept hurting. And now here i am again... 115kgs ish, still 5'2", properly fat and uncomfortable, and currently with a huge amount of motivation. So im happy to kick it with you!
    Right now, im just looking at making the habit. So regularly walking (well, i'm only 2 days in and ive done something both days, but i know how this goes!), and looking again at portion sizes and what im actually consuming.
    what i do know is that ive done it before and can do it again. my goal is to be 85kgs and maintain there, but my 1st goal is to get back under 100kgs.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat as you, this time around I'm using a dietician, medical weight loss program, and my Dr. to help keep me on track. Exercise is not a big deal, for me it's making good food choices. So if I surround myself with the right support I think I can make these changes for good!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Your post title made me laugh. Yeah, you and about 95% of everybody else who has lost weight. The trick is not to give up. You learn more about yourself each time you lose weight. Just keep trying.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! My advise is start the way you intend to go forward. Maybe commit to fewer workouts and try not labeling food as "junk" and learn how to balance some questionably nutritious but delicious calories with nutrient dense foods so you can sustain it. Good luck!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Seconding all of the people who have said not to label your food as junk or bad. All food has its purpose.

I would also add: don't jump in and change everything about your habits this go around. It sounds like you pushed really hard last time. Whatever habits you try to change, be they food, exercise, or both, make sure that they're sustainable for your lifestyle and changes you can live with.

As always: be kind to yourself. You're a person and you deserve respect. ☺

Best of luck, and congrats on the wedding!