Eating Clean ( l would like to see someones meal plan)

Options
Angila
Angila Posts: 91 Member
I wan't to start eating clean but I don't have any idea where to start. I know fruits, nuts, meats, no process foods and stuff like that.... I just want to see someones meals for the day so I can get an idea how to get started.

Replies

• galeatsclean
    Options
    Hi Angila, today is my first day at MFP and I'm no expert, but I've found Blogilates to be a good resource for clean recipes. Also, I bought Tosca Rena's Eat Clean Diet Recharged book (you can get it on iPad/iPhone) and that's been incredibly helpful.

Try Googling clean eating blogs, there are some wonderful ones out there with lots of inspiring and frankly delicious recipes that will hopefully help.

All the best,
    Miss Velveteeny
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You can view mine, but I am bulking. I eat nuts, porride, meat, fruit and all that good chit. Not that it matters, this is just how I personally like to eat and how I get my protein (protein being my main focus). You can eat whatever you like if you only care about loosing weight if you hit the right calroies each day.

your welcome to peak my diary but I cant see how much it, or anyones diary will help you. If you want to see how I lost 48 pounds in 4 months then scroll back about a month ago and you will see my dieting meal plans back then
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I wan't to start eating clean but I don't have any idea where to start. I know fruits, nuts, meats, no process foods and stuff like that.... I just want to see someones meals for the day so I can get an idea how to get started.

I only spot check log my food, but my diary is open. I'm transitioning to a whole foods/'clean', plant based diet :)
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Don't drop your food in the dirt, and if you drop it on the floor, it's the 5 second rule. Unless it's a clean floor, then the 10 second rule applies. And, wash your hands prior to handling food.

All of your food will be clean if you follow this.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Don't drop your food in the dirt, and if you drop it on the floor, it's the 5 second rule. Unless it's a clean floor, then the 10 second rule applies. And, wash your hands prior to handling food.

All of your food will be clean if you follow this.

THIS
  • appletrina
    appletrina Posts: 14
    Options
    Since Sunday my husband and I dropped all processed foods, dairy and grains. You are welcome to look at my meal plan since this past Sunday. I will say, I have put a teaspoon of ranch in my salads at work for some flavor and I'm pretty sure that the bacon we are eating needs to be changed since its still considered "processed" so I will start that next week when I shop again. Good luck! We love how full we feel from the fats and protein and I think you will too!
  • Angila
    Options
    very funny corey haha
  • Angila
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    very funny corey haha

Funny, but wholly accurate.

Example: In the case of meat, unless you are rending it from the bone, minutes after death, you are eating processed food. Unless you are drinking whole milk, minutes from the cow's udders, you're drinking processed milk.

The whole "eating clean" stuff is, for lack of a better term, bunk and a waste of time to try.
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat "cleaner". I avoid heavily processed food like the plague. I eat tons of fruits and veggies, and things that are as close to natural as I can find in my little podunk town. :) When I switched to this I found a website that was very helpful, thegraciouspantry.com It does work. I have lost weight before eating junk and limiting my caloric intake, but still felt blah. After one week of eating cleaner foods, I felt amazing. It has been almost 3 months. I have lost 18+ pounds in the last 3 months. (weigh in is in a week.) My diary is open if you care to take a look. Good luck!!
  • lexiek47
    lexiek47 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly clean but a nice trick for someone who is starting out is to avoid the middle sections of the grocery store and avoid any sort of products which have more than 3 ingredients you can't pronounce like ammonium sulfate ,sodium benzoate or potassium nitrite. If you don't know what it is, don't put it in your body. Simple :)

p-s: I can pronounce those because i know what they are but you get the point stuff like :disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate or neohesperidin dihydrochalcone.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    www.marksdailyapple.com

Love this website!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    very funny corey haha

Funny, but wholly accurate.

Example: In the case of meat, unless you are rending it from the bone, minutes after death, you are eating processed food. Unless you are drinking whole milk, minutes from the cow's udders, you're drinking processed milk.

The whole "eating clean" stuff is, for lack of a better term, bunk and a waste of time to try.

On other forums I've been a part of the term used is 'whole foods', for instance a fresh peach vs. canned peaches in heavy sauce. Nothing wrong with eating this way if that's you're preference and there are many of us who don't think it's bunk or a waste of our time :)
  • Angila
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Angila
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I eat *mostly* clean so I added you if you want to view my diary. I make sure to buy organic or all natural chicken breasts, organic breads and organic fruits and veggies. Mostly everything I get is organic most of the time or all natural. And it is true that all the healthy food is usually around the perimeter of the grocery store and the unhealthy junk is in the middle.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Those who think eating clean is bunk usually exists on package/fast food and are some of the unhealthiest people around no matter what their weight.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    well my meal plan is(I'm vegan) around 2000 calories(more or less)

Breafast:
    2 starch: 100g banana, 2 tbsp chia seeds/powder
    1 protein: 2 tbsp hemp/rice protein
    1 dairy: 1 cup coconut kefir/ almond milk
    1 fat: 1 tbsp hemp seeds or 1/2 tbsp nut butter
    extra: 2 cups spinach, and cinnamon

Snack 1:
    2 grain, 1 fat: 1 cup whole grain cereal or cracker(sometimes I make seed crackers and this counts as grain and fat), 1/4-1/3 oz nuts/seeds
    1 fruit: Apple (pear, peach, etc... hand fruit)

Lunch:
    2 starch: 1 ezekial sprouted grain wrap(or 2 slices of their bread)
    2 protein, 1 fat: 1/3 cup beans(chickpea, kidney, pinto, etc.) 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp olive oil **
    1 dairy: 1 cup unsweetened/plain soymilk
    1 fruit: handfruit or berries(medium or 1 cup ish)
    extra: greens, and tomato slices with spices

(** alternatively I blend a bland bean with 1-2 tbsp raw ground nut butter and a bit of cinnamon for a dessert style bean spread to go on my starch :3 or I'll have a soy/almond yogurt which counts as a dairy and a starch and I'll add a bit of granola, seeds, and berries to that for a vegan parfait)

Snack 2:
    2 grain, 1 fat: again some kind of whole grain snack like chips, crackers, with nut butter or nuts(or granola bar)
    1 fruit: I like a pear personally at this time of the day

Dinner:
    2 starch: ezekial wrap/bread
    2 protein, 1 fat: 1 serving tempeh/tofu(or meat if you eat it, about 3 oz), 1/3 cup lentils or legumes/beans, 1 tsp EVOO
    1 dairy: 1 cup almond milk(unsw)
    1-2 veggies: 1 cup broccoli and kale (or carrots, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, tomato... GO WILD)
    extra: baby kale, tomato paste, spices
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If by clean eating you mean no processed food, I try to eat like this.

Feel free to check my diary.
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    well mine is like this.

Sample 1:

Breakfast: an english muffin with almond butter and slices of banana + sprinkle of cinnamon.
    Lunch: chickpeas and kale salad.
    Snack: 2-3 dates.
    Dinner: wrap stuffed with tuna, egg whites & veggies.
    Snack: Nachos & guacamole :)

Sample 2:

Breakfast: an egg with cut up avocado slices on toast :)
    Snack: An apple.
    Lunch: Peanut butter banana sandwich or in a wrap (whole wheat).
    Snack: 5 almonds.
    Dinner: Baked salmon and steamed veggies.
    Snack: Maybe a tea...but a granola bar if hungry.

Sample 3:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries and nuts.
    Snack: Grapes.
    Lunch: Fruit salad or plate of fruits.
    Snack: A handful of nuts.
    Dinner: Grilled veggies and baked sweet potato.

Sample 4:

Breakfast: Whole wheat pancakes or waffles with peanut butter and strawberries.
    Snack: Baby carrots or sugar snap peas.
    Lunch: A salad with lots of veggies and nuts.
    Snack: An orange.
    Dinner: Taco?